Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking City Centre

Options
  • 23-07-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Im looking for exactly what it says on the tin :cool:
    Where in the centre of the city is there free parking if there is any at all.
    I know there is a place in salthill beside the aquaruim but thats a bit far out...so any other hidden locations?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Very limited free parking on nuns island but there is some. If its tomorrow (Sunday), theres lots of free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Cathal O wrote: »
    I know there is a place in salthill beside the aquaruim but thats a bit far out...so any other hidden locations?

I have often parked in or around the courthouse, although not recently. It is supposed to be a Pay & Display area but the wardens don't seem to patrol the area. You need to be early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Cathal O wrote: »

I dont know the name of the road but that road perpendicular to NUIG on the newcastle road, just past centra heading out to westside?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ftwwinning

Can park for free at the sports club at the Claddagh. Cross bridge, turn left for Salthill and it is there on the left. Ok, I parked there for free for two years or so when i lived in Galway but that was about two years ago so maybe take a gander to see if things have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

ftwwinning wrote: »
    Can park for free at the sports club at the Claddagh. Cross bridge, turn left for Salthill and it is there on the left. Ok, I parked there for free for two years or so when i lived in Galway but that was about two years ago so maybe take a gander to see if things have changed

The secret's well out on that one! Rarely EVER a spot, locals use it a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ftwwinning

yeah, i was one of those locals but you can be lucky, just saying like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

There's probably half a dozen people that started typing, thought about it for a minute, and stopped... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No way I'm giving away my secret parking spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

biko wrote: »
    No way I'm giving away my secret parking spots.
    Exactly! This kind of thread crops up every so often and the answers are always the same. No one's going to post up any of the handy parking spots that they know of on a public forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's plenty of free parking all over the centre area..if you have a bicycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I never pay for parking.

The chauffeur parks somewhere down near the docks, I think - I don't know, 'cos s/he always drops me off in town on the way through.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

The first thing that went through my mind when I saw this thread was " please God dont anyone mention my spot". Have one right in city centre. I'll never tell :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Anyone ever park on the road that leads you into Karma in town? You drive up past the entrance of the Shopping Centre in town, turn left and park it their, think it's mostly used by trucks delivering stock or staff of Karma and the Skeff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

If you stop or block any trucks doing deliveries you will get towed away, it wouldn't be a great spot as there are a lot of double yellow lines down there

Advertisement