Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new alarm system

Options
  • 23-07-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am getting a new alarm system in my house. It has never been wired for an alarm before. Have people had experience of self monitoring alarms? Does that have a yearly fee? Is it worth paying extra for the 24 hour monitoring? Is there any company you would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You can get alarms that ring you directly, no third party. Which is exactly what a monitored alarm will do. Unless its monitored CCTV, I wouldn't pay the extra personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

mariposa23 wrote: »
    I am getting a new alarm system in my house. It has never been wired for an alarm before. Have people had experience of self monitoring alarms? Does that have a yearly fee? Is it worth paying extra for the 24 hour monitoring? Is there any company you would recommend?

The only cost after the set up of the self monitoring is for the cost of the alarm contacting the numbers programmed into the system. Having it monitored by a monitoring station does come with a yearly fee. Some people like the extra benefit of it and some would rather just monitor the alarm themselves, your preference. There is a list of installers here.

Advertisement