Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pubs/ Restaurants in Dingle

Options
  • 23-07-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I heading to Dingle for a few days minus the bairns!! I know the place is teemin with pubs ( main reason for goin!!) but want to avoid touristy twee diddily idle.

Not a huge fan of 'trad music' ( I know!! Why is he going??) so wondering if there's any live gigs or alternative venues about the town. Any good mid-price restaurants you'd recommend?

@###+ tourist!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Doyle's is a fab restaurant, been a good while since I was there but the food was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

TBH its difficult to recommend a pub that doesn't have some traditional music at this time of the year. I guess the Droichead Beag or any of the pubs away from the general harbour/quay area are pretty ok. Simplest thing is to drift in to one and get a feel for the place. You dont say when you're coming but next weekend will be very busy with the Bank Holiday and the week after has the Dingle Races.... etc
    Food wise -- look for early birds in some of the restaurants and again I think the best value are the ones away from the seaside - Main street and John Street - where Doyles is .
    Possible exception is Out of the Blue -- lovely but pricey.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Fentons on Green street for food, has a great flexi-bird menu.
    The Dingle Bay hotel does bar food, not especially cheap, but not bad.
    Murphy's Icecream is a must.
    Currans bakery opposite the church is good for treats.
    Goat street cafe is tasty and not too expensive.
    Deep fried mars bars etc at Harringtons if you feel like giving yourselves a coronary.
    If fish is your thing "Out of the blue" at the head of the pier is the place, doesn't do chips!
    If you want trad fish and chips the Reel fish on the Holy ground is good.
    Chinese on Green street is good enough too.

Best for non-trad in McCarthys on Goat street.
    Currans pub and Foxy Johns on top of main street are old style pubs, no music,just good craic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

are ye renting a house and will ye be going back west, have a few ideas for there too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronnie88

Frequent dingle visiter here, going down for the bank holiday...can't wait!
    Murphys pub does really good pub grub, the marina bar is great for pint during the day.
    Foxy Johns on main street has great outdoor smoking area nice modern change from rest of the town, geaneys across the road usually doesn't have the usual trad music.
    Hope ye enjoy the stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sir Graball

Thanks all!! Sounds like I'll be aten and drinken well for a few days. Headin down this weekend so looking forward to it. Thanks again really appreciate that!!:)

Advertisement