Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this house worth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Living in an estate that is half occupied is madness. Soon the vacant houses will have all their windows smashed out, leading to antisocial behavior, it becomes a magnet for scum, to hang around day and night in the abandon houses. Its not a place that will get better over time, it will get substantially worse as the years go on.

Just go have a look at some unfinished or ghost estates, its an eye opener.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

offered slightly south of 200k was rejected flat out the Ea told me the vendor[Andrews Construction ] had dropped the price by 50k bringing them down to 299k and that there might be room for another 5 or 10k are these people living in a parallel universe do they just not understand it i really am confused but also relived coz even at that price i fell that she was paying to much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

offered slightly south of 200k was rejected flat out the Ea told me the vendor[Andrews Construction ] had dropped the price by 50k bringing them down to 299k and that there might be room for another 5 or 10k are these people living in a parallel universe do they just not understand it i really am confused but also relived coz even at that price i fell that she was paying to much
    Yes, they are. But eventually they will be forced to face reality, and the longer they hold out, the lower the price will be. I've a friend who agreed to pay 600k for a place. and that looked like a great price at the time. The sale has dragged on for one reason or another and now 600k is looking quite pricey, so he'll be reducing his offer to 500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

you know its debatable, maybe the EA is living in a parallel universe, but the thing is there are conceivably buyers out there who are also in a parallel universe and might be stupid enough to pay that price! based on the fact, "oh they have dropped x amount, they are fantastic value"! I dont blame them for chancing their arm, there are enough fools here easily parted with their money! Id really question what has put the brakes on here, is it that people have copped on to how overvalued property is or is it simply because banks wont lend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Idbatterim wrote: »
    you know its debatable, maybe the EA is living in a parallel universe, but the thing is there are conceivably buyers out there who are also in a parallel universe and might be stupid enough to pay that price! based on the fact, "oh they have dropped x amount, they are fantastic value"! I dont blame them for chancing their arm, there are enough fools here easily parted with their money!
    That's happening every day, and every day it happens there is somebody else out of the market and sliding into negative equity (depending on how much of their own cash goes into the purchase). Less competition for those keeping their powder dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I want to agree with posters guessing in the 100's but its worthless to me if its half empty I wouldn't buy it for anything over 100k, nope couldn't make that life long financial commitment for a sinking ship like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

hope im not out of order by asking what this house is worth

personally speaking , id like to be ( at some stage ) getting a house ( like this ) in this kind of are for between 120 - 150 k

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=598022

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

irishh_bob wrote: »
    hope im not out of order by asking what this house is worth

personally speaking , id like to be ( at some stage ) getting a house ( like this ) in this kind of are for between 120 - 150 k

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=598022

TBH I'd be surprised if you got that one or similar condition for 120-150K you would probably negotiate a price but I'd be surprised that low - now that doesn't mean you wouldn't get one that needed work for your price range, rental would would decent as its near DCU and the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Aprilmay wrote: »
    TBH I'd be surprised if you got that one or similar condition for 120-150K you would probably negotiate a price but I'd be surprised that low - now that doesn't mean you wouldn't get one that needed work for your price range, rental would would decent as its near DCU and the hospital.

i know of a house in that estate which will soon be for sale but it isnt furnished to the same degree as the one on DAFT

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

irishh_bob wrote: »
    i know of a house in that estate which will soon be for sale but it isnt furnished to the same degree as the one on DAFT

Have you heard how much its going for???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

The problem is if they accept the 200 bid then it will revalue the whole place lower which wont look good for the bank financing them. Ask them if you bought for 300 would they throw in another free?
    Tbh after looking at it I dont think the Maple is worth more than 150. I wouldnt want to buy in a half built ghost estate, just asking for antisocial problems later on.
    Maybe youd want a buy one get 2 more free on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

only another 100k to go now and they will be value
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=607973

Advertisement