Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally unexpected price hike!

Options
  • 23-07-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Okay so we all expect things like insurance and petrol to go up in price but have you be taken aback by the cost of anything lately?

Was in Dunnes today and am still reeling from the shock of a tin of heinz beans .... 95 cent! Is this a ridiculous price? batchelors were priced at 85 cent. I know it's not an earth shattering issue but come on they're only small little feckers in a tin.

In protest I bought the cheaper Dunnes brand ... But maybe that's what they wanted.... Mmm conspiracy thread maybe a better place to post this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Vote with your feet, shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Vote with your feet, shop around.

+1

That and buy mulitipacks. I think Dunnes do 4 of the slightly smaller tins (of batchelors mind) for €2.05. (the 225g or something)
    The thing with stuff in tins, they usually have a decent shelf life so it makes sense to buy multipacks because they will be used, and they won't go out of date in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i remember when aldi first arrived in the UK, they were doing tins of beans for 2p. :)

that was pre-millenium tho, i think those days are long gone. ::(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

I never buy 1 tin usually buy the 4 pack heinz in dunnes or lidl usually same price in both and they often do 2 free in the pack, they were 2.99 but it's a while since I've got them I think they were over 3 the las ime I saw them

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

I actually nearly always find the big multiples are expensieve for branded beans and peas - local retailers generally have them at the same or lower price and it annoys the hell out of me, especially when you consider the buying power of the big chains

• Advertisement
Advertisement