Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor who and torchwood need answers

• 24-07-2011 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Does the Doctor hate Jack?

I was watching (well re-watching torchwood season 10 and i decided to watch in continuity so it means watching Dr. who which "End of days" leads in to Doctor who "Utopia" and i noticed something odd.

1. the doctor sees jack running towards the TARDIS and seems to try and make a quick getaway.

2. When Martha sees jack on the ground she rushes to him but the doctor just stands there (i assume he knows jack hitched a ride) if so did he know jack lives forever? if not then...

3. does the doctor hate jack for some unknown reason i dont know about???

Please this has been bugging me for a long time now and i need closure.

Additional Details
    and i dont care for the "I was busy" excuse he gave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's stated clearly in the episode 'Utopia'. The scene where Jack has to activate the Rocket's footprint, the Doctor and he have a chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

when rose brought jack back to life and made him immortal in the process by using the time vortex energy she made him a fixed point in time which both the Tardis and The Doctor find a bit unsettling. Weather it is a stubtle-as-a-brick RTD point on the critcisim he was getting about the "gay agenda" [(C) Daily Mail, ect] is up to you to decide. Within the structures of the show it works perfectly, and after the Doctors Wife, makes a lot more sense.

So, no, he does not hate jack. Sure didnt he set him up Alonso in The End of Time, Part 2? (what one critic described as akin to the third doctor slipping Capt Yates a packet of three)

Advertisement