Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2012 & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I still predict, Rihanna, Stone Roses and Killers/Prodigy as headliner. With an undercard of Katy Perry (she said she would be at T in Glasgow), Lady Gaga, Foster The People, Coronas, Bressie, maybe Florence

Katy Perry won't be there, didn't she say she's taking a break from music in 2012 to work on starting a family?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

karaokeman wrote: »
    Katy Perry won't be there, didn't she say she's taking a break from music in 2012 to work on starting a family?
    She hinted in Scotland about doing T In The Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If Rihanna was there I'd probably go and see her, tbh. Even though I'd prefer Oxegen to be less pop-orientated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

If Gaga and Rihanna are headliners, I'll sell my ticket. Ignoring the fact I have yet to buy my ticket.

Pukkelpop anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I hope they are headliners, with a line up that **** I wouldnt feel bad about going to Sonisphere/Download/Reading instead :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope they are headliners, with a line up that **** I wouldnt feel bad about going to Sonisphere/Download/Reading instead :P

Yea im hoping for that myself . Sure while your at it have Rihanna , Lady Gaga and Katy Perry as headliners with all X-Factor contestants on before them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MCD have booked Stone Roses and Gaga for an outdoor event in July. Expected to be oxegen. Was announced a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hope to fúck Lady Gaga isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is that rumor mill or confirmed?

I know a few outlets reported Gaga playing Croke Park in July, but that seems to have died away?

Croke Park can only have 3 concerts a year and all those are gone for 2012 (RHCP, Westlife x 2)

penexpers wrote: »
    Croke Park can only have 3 concerts a year and all those are gone for 2012 (RHCP, Westlife x 2)

Where is it stated only three concerts a year can take place in Croke Park?

In 2009, they had four concerts (U2 x3, Take That).

• Advertisement

I know a few outlets reported Gaga playing Croke Park in July, but that seems to have died away?

Jim Carroll had it on his blog, assumed it was true. I'll have a look around tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭bren2001

Where is it stated only three concerts a year can take place in Croke Park?

In 2009, they had four concerts (U2 x3, Take That).

After the Take That gig last year Christy Cooney (head of GAA) said the maximum number of concerts in Croke Park is 3. There was some speculation of a run of gigs in 2012 and he said that they would be welcome to do 3 nights but no more etc.

If you look at the GAA schedule, you wont be fitting anymore gigs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Stone Roses confirmed for T in the Park. So almost a certanty for Oxegen then :)

[URL="http://www.tinthepark.com/"[/URL]]

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

I would love some dubstep acts or big electronic acts for the red bull tent!, like skrillex or dada life or someone, and no im not a knacker, i can just appreciate EDM!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

afc4life wrote: »
    I would love some dubstep acts or big electronic acts for the red bull tent!, like skrillex or dada life or someone, and no im not a knacker, i can just appreciate EDM!!! :P

Skrillex's live stuff is meant to be pure disappointing though.

Like I said earlier, a lot of EDM acts are going to be at that Swedish House Mafia event (no idea what the actual name of it is) in the UK on the Oxegen weekend. I'm not sure if this makes them more or less likely for Oxegen. (Pete Tong, Madeon, Alesso, Calvin Harris announced so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Colm! wrote: »

:eek:
    You.Having.A.Laugh.Brother.?

Dance music is the only music i listen to for the last few years... in fact im seeing the man himself tomorrow in The Academy, he's amazing! never heard anyone talk poorly of him before... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Could Radiohead do it? Touring in July anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Colm! wrote: »

Like I said earlier, a lot of EDM acts are going to be at that Swedish House Mafia event (no idea what the actual name of it is) in the UK on the Oxegen weekend. I'm not sure if this makes them more or less likely for Oxegen. (Pete Tong, Madeon, Alesso, Calvin Harris announced so far)

Really I always though he was supposed to be very good? Anyway i still want to see live at least once sometime. :P
    Ah yes i saw that madeon was going to be at some event with swedish house mafia but i didnt realise it was a big event with a lot of acts going!Hopefully it will mean some will also play oxegen or maybe ill give oxegen a miss and head over there instead. :P
    :eek:
    You.Having.A.Laugh.Brother.?

Dance music is the only music i listen to for the last few years... in fact im seeing the man himself tomorrow in The Academy, he's amazing! never heard anyone talk poorly of him before... :eek:

Same here man I listen too it looooads now, but i also appreciate other genres as well! I envy you I really wanted to go see skrillex but Im only seventeen and not eighteen until April and i didnt want to risk wasting my money by not getting in. Also that means i miss Nero in the academy in march! fml :P

Also anyone think justice has a high chance of going even though they just announced a date in Cork in June.. Wont be going to that either.. fecking LC..

Mushy wrote: »
    Could Radiohead do it? Touring in July anyway.

I think EP will be after them . Although they have said their tour next summer wont be a greatist hits and would mostly play their new album or something

I think EP will be after them . Although they have said their tour next summer wont be a greatist hits and would mostly play their new album or something

Radiohead won't be playing UK/Ireland until October(-ish) and will more than likely be indoor venues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

lordgoat wrote: »

Jim Carroll had it on his blog, assumed it was true. I'll have a look around tomorrow.
    She's playing the aviva

ricero wrote: »
    She's playing the aviva

Source?

Noel Gallagher just added to Isle of Wight, this might be the first announcement of a long run of festival shows for next summer.

Radiohead are also a possibility, having sold two Malahide Castle dates on their last residence in Ireland. I reckon Radiohead could play Oxegen and then come back in the winter for an O2 date if they shift enough tickets this time around.

Radiohead are also a possibility, having sold two Malahide Castle dates on their last residence in Ireland. I reckon Radiohead could play Oxegen and then come back in the winter for an O2 date if they shift enough tickets this time around.

If you can tell me how they would fit Oxegen in this schedule then I am all ears

June
    Sat 30 Hyppodrome Capanelle Rome,Italy

July
    Sun 1 Parco Delle Cascine Florence, Italy
    Tue 3 Piazza Maggiore Bologna, Italy
    Wed 4 Villa Manin Codroipo Udine, Italy
    Fri 6 Wuhlheide Berlin,Germany
    Fri 13 Bilbao BBK Live Kobetamendi Park, Spain
    Sun 15 Optimus Alive FestOeiras, Lisbon, Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

If you can tell me how they would fit Oxegen in this schedule then I am all ears

June

July

Why could they not play Oxegen on the 8th or 9th of July then?????

June

July

Seen as how Oxegen is always on the same weekend as T In The Park (6-8 July next year), that wouldn't be too difficult as they could play Oxegen on the saturday and T on sunday or vice versa.

Seen as how Oxegen is always on the same weekend as T In The Park (6-8 July next year), that wouldn't be too difficult as they could play Oxegen on the saturday and T on sunday or vice versa.

I doubt they would go from Germany -> Scotland -> Ireland in the space of three days. It doesn't really match any of their previous touring patterns. I would think that dates in France are being worked on for the period between Berlin and Bilbao.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I doubt they would go from Germany -> Scotland -> Ireland in the space of three days. It doesn't really match any of their previous touring patterns. I would think that dates in France are being worked on for the period between Berlin and Bilbao.

True, it is possible they end up playing either T in the Park or Oxegen on the Sunday but is extremely unlikely they will play both fests.

Radiohead are not playing oxegen. Playing Berlin on the 7th, and from the tour dates, the seem to only play two days in a row and then a day off.

Also Oxegen wouldn't really be a radiohead crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They could have an off day on the 8th and play either fest on the 9th but yeah I do think it is unlikely.

Advertisement