Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2012 & Discussion

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Don't know about anyone else but I'm strangely going to miss Oxegen this year. Despite all Oxegens problems and everything it was always exciting going and just the buzz of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Don't know about anyone else but I'm strangely going to miss Oxegen this year. Despite all Oxegens problems and everything it was always exciting going and just the buzz of it.

ha same. seeing your bump to the thread made my heart drop a little knowing it isn't on this year :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.S wrote: »
    You are assuming scum = poor and the rich are all well behaved :rolleyes:

--

Oxegen (if MCD choose to continue it) needs to scale down a bit, make it 2.5 days with no arriving a day or 2 early.

Get rid of the crap funfair stuff.

Reduce the number of stages, to many IMO.

Reduce campsite/area size with properly laid out campsites, none of this free for all camp wherever you want when you arrive thing.

Organize a good ticket payment plan, the current one is still a bit high for students.

Get the lineup right. Realize that the oxegen crowd want chart, whats hot on the radio etc. Sunday last year proved that.

Would be a shame to see Oxegen go, Ireland needs a mainstream festival, EP isn't an alternative.

i had been reduced in size last year, quite a bit. how do you expect to manage the campsites better? every festival is pretty much free for all, in fact oxegen is stricter than most with the blue red thing. the fun fair? funfairs at every other major festival, but pointless at oxegen? too many stages? so a reduced line up? youd struggle to support the size of the crowd with less stages.

as for your chart comment... i think the reason it declined and failed was extactly that... it catered to the chart and realised, flavour of the weeking isnt worth the mud bath

Oxegen 2013 needs to have one main stage and a big top tent. Get rid of everything else as it's just pointless.

I remember last year the Vacines were playing to about 30 people in a tent and I didn't even realise Metronomy were playing because they clashed with somebody else I wanted to see. And Primal Screen and coldplay clashed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Oxegen 2013 needs to have one main stage and a big top tent. Get rid of everything else as it's just pointless.

I remember last year the Vacines were playing to about 30 people in a tent and I didn't even realise Metronomy were playing because they clashed with somebody else I wanted to see. And Primal Screen and coldplay clashed too.

You really must not be able to count because there were at least 200 in the tent. And you can't blame it on the clashings because they only clashed with Beady Eye.

It's a festival, get over it.

• Advertisement

You really must not be able to count because there were at least 200 in the tent. And you can't blame it on the clashings because they only clashed with Beady Eye.

It felt like 30 people. If that had been anywhere else they would have got 3-4 thousand easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

It felt like 30 people. If that had been anywhere else they would have got 3-4 thousand easy.

Yeah now they would have. Back then they weren't exactly massive in Irish mainstream circles. A lot can change it a matter of months.

At Oxegen they had a small crowd. If they played their Electric Picnic gig, they would have had a bigger audience.

Like Spector (aka. The Vaccines pt. II) aren't massive here now but they will be probably by the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I remember last year the Vacines were playing to about 30 people in a tent

I read this and was about to reply...until I read this \/ \/ \/

I read this and was about to reply...until I read this \/ \/ \/
    Yeah now they would have. Back then they weren't exactly massive in Irish mainstream circles. A lot can change it a matter of months.

Regarding the clashes between bands, it's been like that at every festival I've ever been to. That's never going to change.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

A year ago today :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And typical Oxegen weather happening around Kildare today . RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN

• Advertisement

Watching T in the Park live on the Beeb (http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/events/ehxzp6) and wondering why Scotland can support a festival of this size but not Ireland. Bad times :( It's just not right Oxegen isn't here, Ireland needs a mainstream festival.

@Furious-Red sounds like last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Will Oxygen be back @ Punchestown for 2013? Or will it be back @ Phoenix Park, it might be better if it is @ Phoenix Park (I hope they organise better with the security this time) then I wouldn't have to worry about paying €300.00 Euro. PS Can anyone remember the for stone roses or Snow Patrol Tickets last year?

eldest200 wrote: »
    Will Oxygen be back @ Punchestown for 2013? Or will it be back @ Phoenix Park, it might be better if it is @ Phoenix Park (I hope they organise better with the security this time) then I wouldn't have to worry about paying €300.00 Euro. PS Can anyone remember the for stone roses or Snow Patrol Tickets last year?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry I just want to known if Oxygen will be @ Phoenix Park instead

eldest200 wrote: »
    Sorry I just want to known if Oxygen will be @ Phoenix Park instead

Id say of its gonna be back it will be back at Punchestown

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the location, if it does come back i'd say it'l stay at Punchestown.

A festival in Phoenix Park would be chaotic to organise.

I can see if MCD want to do big outdoor shows they will do Marlay and go for the bigger end of the Park for about 30,000 capacity instead of the ones they used this year

I was just wondering, I hope the ticket prices will be less expensive than 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

What do you think a fair price would be for a ticket to Oxegen in 2013? Assuming its back to 2 days, which I'd say it would be and that they get a similar standard to the headliners it's had before?

Not sure how Electric Picnic did in the end, they got a belting day for it which would have helped. Did anyone go and was it as busy as it usually is?

I think with cheaper air travel and the convenience of booking stuff accommodation and tickets online, the Irish festival organisers will have to try and offer value to compete with some of the similar European alternatives. Many of the same acts tour around the festivals together, so you can quite easily see if you're being ripped off in Ireland.

Personally I hope Oxegen does make a return in some guise or another next year.

Advertisement