Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2012 & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Here are my predictions ( as reference to big known acts)
    Paramore (new album in the making from January onwards but a break up could be pending also ?)
    Kasabian
    The Coronas (new album nearly been mixed in the next few days)
    Mumford and Sons (new album nearly done)
    Foster the people
    Noel Gallagher (new album soon
    The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Blink 182
    Green day
    Muse
    Calvin Harris

Sorry I named very mainstream acts but I reckon nearly all these guys will play the mainstage or Vodafonestage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Here are my predictions ( as reference to big known acts)
    Paramore (new album in the making from January onwards but a break up could be pending also ?)
    Kasabian
    The Coronas (new album nearly been mixed in the next few days)
    Mumford and Sons (new album nearly done)
    Foster the people
    Noel Gallagher (new album soon
    The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Blink 182
    Green day
    Muse
    Calvin Harris

Sorry I named very mainstream acts but I reckon nearly all these guys will play the mainstage or Vodafonestage etc

Blink are playing the O2 in June or July next year so count them out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Blink are playing the O2 in June or July next year so count them out

BEP played two dates at the O2 in May before Oxegen last year.

karaokeman wrote: »
    BEP played two dates at the O2 in May before Oxegen last year.

I still don't see it happening

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I still don't see it happening

Blink owe MCD a festival slot , since the date will prob be sold out by the time they get announced for Oxegen. Id say the original plan was that they do Oxegen this year followed by the arena tour with the new album but now they have re-arranged it with the arean tour with the new album 1st then oxegen 2012

• Advertisement

Blink owe MCD a festival slot , since the date will prob be sold out by the time they get announced for Oxegen. Id say the original plan was that they do Oxegen this year followed by the arena tour with the new album but now they have re-arranged it with the arean tour with the new album 1st then oxegen 2012

Blink owed MCD a gig, and they've provided them with that. I just can't see them playing Ireland twice in less than a month

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I can't see Oxegen beginning canceled next year. People seem to forget Glastonbury isn't on so if MCD can secure a couple of big acts I'd guess tickets sales will be higher for next year!

Personally if they don't get Snow Patrol, The Killers, Kasabian, Red Hot Chillie Peppers, Foster the People, Kaiser Chiefs, Noel Gallagher, Two Door Cinema Club (new album coming next year) I don't think I'll be going back to sit in a field of knackers and watch average pop acts.

I think Oxegen also need to get better acts for the early slots like from 2pm to about 6pm because this year they were hopeless bar Weezer and Two Door Cinema club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 negative creep

stone roses announced they are reforming!! wonder what the chances of them appearing are?

was quite orgasmic news when i heard it, most excited iv been with my chlothes on in a long time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Christ I hope not. I'd go and see the Roses anywhere but Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

would love this

u2
    jay-z + kanye west

rhcp
    kasabian

stone roses
    noel gallagher

this would be an excellent line up but i think its more likely to be the killers than u2. i think stone roses + noel gallagher will play if they dont get announced 4slane
    green day r metallica could be possibilities too and i reckon florence and mumford will play sumwhere over d weekend

• Advertisement

Stone Roses wil be playing Oxegen for sure. T in the Park have signed them up for next year so expect Oxegen to follow suit!

T in the Park
    Tickets for next year's festival will go on sale in the T in the Park Earlybird Xmas On Sale on 2nd December!! Don't miss out on tickets at 2011 prices!
    So there might be an announcement on of the headliners before that , would'nt be surpised if its Stone Roses (unless they do Slane)

Friday Headliners:

Snow Patrol

Saturday Headliners:

Stone Roses
    Kasabian

Noel Gallagher (2nd Stage)

Sunday Headliners:

The Killers
    *pop act* Rihanna anyone?

I don't know where the rhcp would slot in... I honestly think they will play Slane instead of Oxegen!

Westlife may even bow out at Oxegen 2012, possibly a Friday night slot anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    would love this

u2
    jay-z + kanye west

rhcp
    kasabian

stone roses
    noel gallagher

This would give me tinglies.

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Friday Headliners:

Snow Patrol

Saturday Headliners:

Stone Roses
    Kasabian

Noel Gallagher (2nd Stage)

Sunday Headliners:

The Killers
    *pop act* Rihanna anyone?

I don't know where the rhcp would slot in... I honestly think they will play Slane instead of Oxegen!

At least that would mean catching Kasabian and then Noel Gallagher without missing anyone good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Will this be the 5th-8th or 12th-15th of July anyone know?

If it's on that is.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Will this be the 5th-8th or 12th-15th of July anyone know?

If it's on that is.

Yup , thats the same weekend as TITP 2012

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Westlife may even bow out at Oxegen 2012, possibly a Friday night slot anyone?

They will either play Croke Park again or the Aviva Stadium, wouldn't be Oxegen.

Agree about Rihanna, if any big pop star is playing Oxegen next year it will surely be someone like her or Katy Perry.

I would prefer U2 but as unlikely as they are they are a hell of a lot more likely for Oxegen than Westlife.

According to lots of reports , Stone Roses are confirmed for T in The Park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tweedo

Ffs, i really dont want the Roses gracing that knackerfest:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Blink owe MCD a festival slot

If that was the case they wouldnt be playing in the 02, they would just do oxegen. But there are more reasons i feel, if they were to play at oxegen, it would be their 3rd irish date in 20 months. very few people that were at the first 02 gig, and that are going to the second 02 gig will buy an oxegen ticket just for blink.

They might play, but i would be surprised. someone mentioned black eyed pead played in the o2 last year before oxegen, however BEP are much more popular than blink......

Huge demand was seen this morning for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, that puts them an almost guaranteed slot for Oxegen if the O2 sells out, which without question it will.

Right now I'm guessing the headers and sub-headliners will be the following starting with full headliners;

Friday - The Killers/ some pop act possibly Lady GaGa
    Saturday - Red Hot Chili Peppers/ Kasabian
    Sunday - The Stone Roses/ Noel Gallagher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Heres who I hope play Oxegen:

Friday - Lady Gaga / Kanye West
    Saturday - Blink 182 / Snow Patrol
    Sunday - Westlife / Rhianna

karaokeman - do you really think Noel will play Ireland 4 times in the space of 10 months? I really hope not

nm wrote: »

Oxegen would get a booting if it had a lineup like that.
    karaokeman - do you really think Noel will play Ireland 4 times in the space of 10 months? I really hope not

I know I probably am getting a little too optimistic about Noel playing Irish shows but there are a few things that get my hopes up about it;

- Beady Eye played two Olympias in April, followed by Oxegen three months later. That's three in the space of three months, much more than what Oasis would have done in the past and Noel's playing his O2 date (which is the second Irish date of his tour) four months after the Olympia

- Noel is much more Irish than Liam and would be likely to play more Irish gigs than Beady Eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jonhsmith3

I belive in nibiru, but i want to know what you think is Sitchin is right.

jonhsmith3 wrote: »
    I belive in nibiru, but i want to know what you think is Sitchin is right.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Snow Patrol would be over Blink 182 for sure , i no they have played that spot the last few times but Snow Patrol are bigger than Blink

Snow Patrol would be over Blink 182 for sure , i no they have played that spot the last few times but Snow Patrol are bigger than Blink

Although its likely I doubt it would be a wise decision on the promoter's part to have Snow Patrol sub-headline a third time.

As of now I'm happy with the above I posted for the headliners / sub-headliners of each day.

I reckon Snow Patrol would be good for Marlay Park, hopefully if the regular concerts there start up again next year. Still lacking interest in the series of concerts that is called The Park.

Blink I would rather see third down or fourth. Its been months since they announced that O2 date in May and it still hasn't sold out. Its quite simple Blink are too small for a sub-headliner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Eh, in case neither of you can tell - my 'Oxegen dream line-up' consists of acts that I think are absolutely dire and have no interest in seeing.

This then leaves the decent bands that are touring playing proper gigs in Dublin.. perfect. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

gaga and west are a possibility allright, and rhiana for that matter.

cant see west life at oxegen, on their last tour they would be "too big" for oxegen as they could probably sell out a week in the aviva nest summer!
    well maybe not a week, but 3-4 nights

Snow patrol is a very strong possibility, but IF blink were to play on the main stage, snow patrol - blink. snow patrol are much bigger than blink

Sunday - The Stone Roses/ Noel Gallagher

put them in slane instead :)
    Its quite simple Blink are too small for a sub-headliner.
    yea i agree. if they played at oxegen 2010 and it was their first gig here since 04, then maybe a headline spot.

Advertisement