Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gateway Mode EPC2425 Problem

• 24-07-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Apologies didn't see the EPC 2425 sticky :o

Hi there,

I'm trying to set my router to act as a modem only and leave all the routing/firewall functions to my belkin play router.

I had this working well for about a month until this morning when there was no internet connectivity. I unplugged both routers for a while and tried again, still nothing. I then used the reset button on the 2425 and connected my laptop via wire. I could then connect to the web.

The way I did this before is I disabled the wireless functions on the 2425. I then used http://192.168.100.1/GatewayMode.asp to change from 'Router' to 'Bridge' mode.

I then cloned my wlan card's mac address into my belkin router and once my 2425 had reboot everything was working fine.

I tried to repeat this process but can't seem to get it working again. When I select bridge mode the router reboots and the DS, US and Ethernet 1 lights will come on while the 'Online' light remains off.

I won't be able to connect to the 192.168.100or1.1 router page from now on and have to reset the router via the push button at the back.

I tried cloning my lan card's mac address into the belkin as I was using cat5 but that didn't work either. I think the problem may be with the 2425?

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be the problem? It literally just stopped working overnight.

Thanks a lot!!
    G.

PS The wireless feature doesn't seem to be working either I haven't really looked into it but I assume Wireless>Basic>Access point enabled should work?
    Firmware Name
    epc2425-E10-5-v202r12812-110516cs_upc.bin
    Software Revision
    epc2425-E10-5-v202r12812-110516cs_upc
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement