Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Tv 32" epg?

• 24-07-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have a Philips 32" Tv but i can not get the electronic program guide for the Irish channels. Any suggestions on how to get it? The model number on the tv is 32pfl5405h/12. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Are you receiving Saorview on the set? If so, you should be seeing an epg.

Try resetting the TV and set your location as UK then perform a channel scan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭kooga

just realised by Philips 32 tv is saorview approved, for the epg too work I need to set the country to UK, however I can't seem to keep the epg time correct or keep the clock on the right time.

I have downloaded the manual but can't seem to rectify it.

looking forward to replacing my combo box with a freesat box, richer sounds in Belfast here I come next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

kooga wrote: »
    just realised by Philips 32 tv is saorview approved, for the epg too work I need to set the country to UK, however I can't seem to keep the epg time correct or keep the clock on the right time.

What's the model no.?

32 pfl 5405 h

Peter i think i may have it sorted, did some set up changes last night and found the manual online.

Incidentially my saorview reception is much better when using the Tvs tuner....rather than the combo box.

Tks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

just realised by Philips 32 tv is saorview approved
    32 pfl 5405 h

. . . Incidentially my saorview reception is much better when using the Tvs tuner....rather than the combo box.

I don't see that TV on the Saorview approved list.

Get a decent aerial setup & you won't be having to notice variations in receiver performance.

• Advertisement

did a rescan at the weekend on my philips tv had been putting it off and so with utv ireland and the LCn for RTe +1 changing said i do the deed.

All sorted except there is no data in the epg for UTV Ireland all other channels are fine, clock is fine etc etc. However when i watch the channel i can bring up the programme details.

Any thoughts?

Tks

Advertisement