Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

look who found him too

I saw that JUST after I uploaded mine :C

Darn spiez

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Did everyone get a free costume pack with the game?

Just noticed there was one in the box I just rambled into HMV to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Yeah I got the female one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I caved and bought this (15 euro, not too shabby!). I have decided to be a top-tier whore in order to compensate slightly for my overall ****eness at the game.

I like Wolverine so any characters that go well with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

FutureGuy wrote: »

I like Wolverine

Oh god no...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Everyone :D

Good OTG assist helps and Wesker is stupid good so he's a good wolvie partner. Vergil is good for mix ups and cover and assists

I caved and bought this (15 euro, not too shabby!). I have decided to be a top-tier whore in order to compensate slightly for my overall ****eness at the game.

Wesker works well with anyone since is lower shot assit is a free otg combo extender for everyone

If you want to know anything about Wolverine's combos, mix ups etc listen to Onion as he knows him quite well

SRK has loads of info also, YouTube has plenty of combo vids too [Just make sure the hud looks crap, then you'll know its UMVC3:D]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm really enjoying this game

I'm running Vergil/Dante/Doom and enjoying it a lot

Vergil is awesome, and after lots and lots of time in training experimenting I figured out/created Vergil's most high damage combo which uses like no meter and no x factor, almost 1 mil, it's being called the Ramza combo over at SRK, so that's 2 things coined already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ramza wrote: »
    it's being called the Ramza combo over at SRK, so that's 2 things coined already :pac:

You can coin stuff all day Ramza, but we'll say you "made it" once you get Cross Counter or Maximillian using the term :P

• Advertisement

OUR VERY OWN LYTHERO (I think) OWNING IT UP (From 8.30 onwards)

OUR VERY OWN LYTHERO (I think) OWNING IT UP (From 8.30 onwards)

Oh ****. That's me alright...

I never thought he'd include my vid! Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Finally got the game, first time playing marvel...confused :P

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/08/umvc3-niitsuma-talks-patches-heroes-and-heralds-throw-teching/

Turns out being able to tech air throws at any time is actually a bug, and not a way of dealing with air XF guard cancel like I thought.

I dont know if this is going to make the game more or less dumb. Of course the game wouldnt be half as dumb if they just removed the whole damn mechanic.

GorySnake wrote: »
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/08/umvc3-niitsuma-talks-patches-heroes-and-heralds-throw-teching/

Turns out being able to tech air throws at any time is actually a bug, and not a way of dealing with air XF guard cancel like I thought.

I dont know if this is going to make the game more or less dumb. Of course the game wouldnt be half as dumb if they just removed the whole damn mechanic.

I rarely manage to tech throws at all. It's disheartening to see your character throw a punch or kick and in the middle of said action you just get thrown by someone jumping into you and mashing heavy. Clearly I just need to practise dealing with throws more, but I wish it required a specific button/two buttons like in SSFIV.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lythero wrote: »
    I rarely manage to tech throws at all. It's disheartening to see your character throw a punch or kick and in the middle of said action you just get thrown by someone jumping into you and mashing heavy. Clearly I just need to practise dealing with throws more, but I wish it required a specific button/two buttons like in SSFIV.

That's the risk of being in the air in UMvC3. If you're up there, you need to be aware that the easiest way for people to deal with you is to air throw you.

I've beaten plenty of people way, way better than me by spamming option selected heavies with throws in the air.

I actually prefer the old school throw system in KoF/ UmvC myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Hey Speedboat, check out these videos for some useful stuff for your Rocket Raccoon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SvzdhL5vKY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnMYbKxcd8&feature=player_embedded#!

those fake cross ups are dirty :D

decided that since i have been improving to try online and beast........i forgot about my old nemeis......LAG........also does everyone play vergil, doom and wesker

sorry if that seemed ranty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

decided that since i have been improving to try online and beast........i forgot about my old nemeis......LAG........also does everyone play vergil, doom and wesker

sorry if that seemed ranty

Vergil/Dante/Wesker/Doom.

Don't need anyone else it seems.

Also, Dante's DLC Alt is now really annoying because he looks so much like Vergil. I keep doing my spacing wrong at the start of games because I think I'm fighting a different character.

• Advertisement

uh game why. why not allow me to see players i have fought in players list. had the same git rage quit on me like 5 times and i cant add him to avoided players.

also getting used to the lag. but some people are odd........got my frank, firebrand and ryu team called cheap by a guy using vergil, doom and wesker............

...got my frank, firebrand and ryu team called cheap by a guy using vergil, doom and wesker............

Sounds like a real pro right there.

Also I think Capcom omit "ranked" matches from the recently played list simply to reduce the amount of hateful comments being flung back and forth after a controversial match. It's dumb, I'd like to have the option to send them a message more conveniently, since you can just press pause at the start/end of a match to view their gamercard any way. What's that going to stop then?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Marn always plays a dignified character. What a guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Nutrient wrote: »

Their logic is that replay mode won't sell any more copies of UMVC3.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/19/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-heroes-and-heralds-patch-goes-live/

Patch is out. Seems to be some stealth nerfs and buffs. The biggest one being Phoenix Wright has lost all invincibility on his assists in turnabout mode!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Wow get owned Phoenix Wright.

Also, stealth buffs and nerfs is such bull.

Actually, balance changes 1 month into a game is even more bull. I cant believe Capcom didnt learn anything from Vanilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That is a very silly nerf.

The character is supposed to be really good once he gets to that mode, but is awful before then.

Is there anyone collating the changes as they are confirmed? Seems Albert has excaped again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

He must've taken his glasses off and swapped places with Wright before the nerf hammer came down.

Advertisement