Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

That is a very silly nerf.

The character is supposed to be really good once he gets to that mode, but is awful before then.

Pretty much.
    Thanks Capcom for going out of your way to ruin my two favourite characters in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Capcom's Balance changes are so ridiculously stupid sometimes, nerf an already bad characters only strong point which requires a lot of work just to get but leave franks wests assist :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Wright got nerfed hard?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

You werent gonna get this game anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GorySnake wrote: »
    You werent gonna get this game anyway

And he has never even played a phoenix wright game either. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yo gory, check out Kevin Landon reading Noel's exchange use... and Noel never copping and using another direction

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Yo WESKERRRR

another gun loop woo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Wait
    Wait
    wait

wait

The bible's out of date already :(

and I've no way of knowing how badly out of wack it is :mad:

Give it a week and all of the stealth nerfs and buffs will be discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

We all know I wanted to pick up skrull again

This is my basic bnb with a snap back at the end. . . . . . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

...so, there's no offline H&H mode.
    Are Capcom having a laugh?

Voa wrote: »
    ...so, there's no offline H&H mode.
    Are Capcom having a laugh?

It'll be in the next disc release.

There is on my copy. . . . . . . . unless you have to be online to play it. Not sure. . . . . But there is a one player mode that you take over zones and such with a "boss" at the end of the zone

There is on my copy. . . . . . . . unless you have to be online to play it. Not sure. . . . . But there is a one player mode that you take over zones and such with a "boss" at the end of the zone

He meant offline multiplayer.

Naphiel wrote: »

AH GAY!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

There is a h&h offline mode
    Naphiel wrote: »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So we cant do it at casuals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

So we cant do it at casuals :(

I'll rent 18, you rent 19:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

For Nutrient who earlier said that MVC3 didn't have one frame links. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

So basically the mode is good for absolutely nothing.

I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So basically the mode is good for absolutely nothing.

I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

It's good for some fun matches online, which the vast majority of the people who bought the game use exclusively. Offline tournament players are the minority

Do people really play online Marvel though? The netplay is abysmal.

Do people really play online Marvel though? The netplay is abysmal.

Still thinking like a tournament player :) The average person doesn't know what a reset or a 1 frame link is, the effect of online wouldn't be quite so atrocious to them.

Perish the thought of links and resets, I've only played marvel online 2-3 times and none of them I could as much as ABC->launch, etc. :eek:

That pretty much scared me off for good, have people been getting better experience than that? I'd be tempted to try a couple casuals to indulge my nerdy card-gathering urges.

Perish the thought of links and resets, I've only played marvel online 2-3 times and none of them I could as much as ABC->launch, etc. :eek:

That pretty much scared me off for good, have people been getting better experience than that? I'd be tempted to try a couple casuals to indulge my nerdy card-gathering urges.

I find ultimate mildly better. I can have good Ireland to Ireland or Ireland to Britain games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Your internet connection must be crap so.

Marvels netplay is grand.

Certainly far better than anything Namco or SNK have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Marvel is grand when no other computers in my house be staling my internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

My connection is fine and I think Marvel online is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

GorySnake wrote: »
    My connection is fine and I think Marvel online is crap

Agreed, I won't try any complicated combos online because they will drop, even though offline they're fine.
    I mostly play offline, so online seems laggy, probably wouldn't be so bad if i played online the majority of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Unfortunately I didn't notice any online H&H mode that is casual. As in your opponent is always randomly selected.

So even if you hypothetically set up two 360s to play online at the same event, you're not guaranteed to find each other (Well, that's a lie. Barely any one plays in Ireland). Still, I'm very surprised they didn't just allow this to be played on the one console. Surely it wouldn't have cost the staff any more than an afternoon to add a "local" button on the H&H screen...

Phoenix Wright also got a slight buff (Maya's shield is faster, and he now says "Take that!" instead of "Take this!" in his lvl 3) but the nerfed assist, while a shame, isn't likely going to stop me using him any way :C

Advertisement