Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

i soiled myself while watching this live.... multiple times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

God damn, I usually like to see Clockwork doing stuff, but Mame Spider is way too much fun to watch. Spider-man pressure looks mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

That bellow is Dorms hitbot on Explosion, needs a buff

Have fun reading http://s1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lelouch345/Dormammu%20Hit%20Box%20Data/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ243DestructionPointsP1.jpg

2gen wrote: »

i soiled myself while watching this live.... multiple times :D

That spidey is beast

Thats a good mentor Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MellowToast

Nutrient wrote: »
    That bellow is Dorms hitbot on Explosion, needs a buff

Have fun reading http://s1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lelouch345/Dormammu%20Hit%20Box%20Data/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ243DestructionPointsP1.jpg

what is the reason of the different coloured circles? different damage output i am thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Dorm's hitbox (the bigger circle) and the opponent hitbox (the set of smaller circles that describe a character).

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

A couple of people asked me on Saturday why I hadn't posted this here yet, so:

Fair dues, man. That's a fantastically well put together video!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Lythero wrote: »

Sick video, will be taking some stuff outta this.

One question, the unblockable at the end, how does it work, does Maya's super hit low at the last hit and that's when you j.H?

Fergus_ wrote: »
    One question, the unblockable at the end, how does it work, does Maya's super hit low at the last hit and that's when you j.H?

Yup, Maya hits low the moment she trips up. That's when you follow immediately with the jumping H. If it's before the trip though you'll not likely combo anything. The good thing though is that they can't advance guard Maya, so they're stuck with the upcoming unblockable. This gives you loads of time to get ready and time it just right.

• Advertisement

Good example of Nemesis play by Unknown

Robin shoukd check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Just watched that now, that's crazy high-quality and excellent stuff. It's also the only time I've seen comments on eventhubs be 95% positive (and the 5% bitching is directed at Capcom); so you're probably the only person who is Eventscrubs approved!

I'm subscribed to your channel now! :pac:

Just watched that now, that's crazy high-quality and excellent stuff. It's also the only time I've seen comments on eventhubs be 95% positive (and the 5% bitching is directed at Capcom); so you're probably the only person who is Eventscrubs approved!

I'm subscribed to your channel now! :pac:

Thanks man! I really appreciate it :D

Thanks man! I really appreciate it :D

Thanks to you I've had to fight the LOL

League of Lyheros

Like 5 fecking PW Irish players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

PM them.
    Get them to tournaments.
    Win more cash at DoC.

Voa wrote: »
    PM them.
    Get them to tournaments.
    Win more cash at DoC.

They wanna come

I let them know what the story was with tourneys, whens the next event and I'll PM them

Nutrient wrote: »
    Thanks to you I've had to fight the LOL

League of Lyheros

Like 5 fecking PW Irish players

That sounds utterly hilarious. I'll have to ask about it next time I catch you online.

That sounds utterly hilarious. I'll have to ask about it next time I catch you online.

man i have been trying to tell you ever since you made that video PW has been showing up in my ranked matches xD

sorry for double post, but, how are we going to get people to want to travel to play in a tournament?

i have been playing more and more irish players online and they all don't know anything about a tournament scene...

not to mention it took me ages to find out that there was a marvel scene, i got to play in DoC6 which at least means i missed 5. i feel like its word of mouth and friends on facebook (which i do not sign on to), that gets the word out. its too slow of a medium. now i am trying to get everyone i meet online to come on here but i must have like no charisma xD because i don't seem they on here yet.

hm that was kinda a ramble. if anyone can make sence of the above your awesome

sorry for double post, but, how are we going to get people to want to travel to play in a tournament?

i have been playing more and more irish players online and they all don't know anything about a tournament scene...

not to mention it took me ages to find out that there was a marvel scene, i got to play in DoC6 which at least means i missed 5. i feel like its word of mouth and friends on facebook (which i do not sign on to), that gets the word out. its too slow of a medium. now i am trying to get everyone i meet online to come on here but i must have like no charisma xD because i don't seem they on here yet.

hm that was kinda a ramble. if anyone can make sence of the above your awesome

make sure to mention Doom's Youtube channel. im sure that would encourage people to come once they start getting more familiar with everyone after watching all the matches that have been uploaded. also, i remember just the thought of potentially having my OWN matches recorded and put on youtube defiantly got me excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I think it'd be smart, too, to address more relevant fighting game forums. I don't think most people in Ireland don't think of boards.ie when they want to look for fighting game chat, they're more likely to think what they find on google, or Shoryuken or Event Hubs. I, myself, am only here because I made a shout in the World section of the Shoryuken forums and Doctor Doom caught sight of it. But the best thing I can think of is a session, perhaps a weekly, that everyone comes down to. We have several monthlies in the way of Tempest, DoC and Inferno, but I don't think the community really meets up at any time other than that. You can bring travel cost into it, of course, and that would be an argument against one big weekly for the country. But local weeklies would go quite a way to avoid this problem, especially if hosted at a house rather than a booked venue.

make sure to mention Doom's Youtube channel. im sure that would encourage people to come once they start getting more familiar with everyone after watching all the matches that have been uploaded. also, i remember just the thought of potentially having my OWN matches recorded and put on youtube defiantly got me excited.

aye I do that too along with telling them to sign up to boards. we have to find them online and make them up their game. I say a lot of them have only playing online

Which is understandable since FGCs are few and far between in Ireland.

Example of great Strider play

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Which is understandable since FGCs are few and far between in Ireland.

Actually, you'd be amazed how many people you'd see from, for example, Dublin, who don't show up for whatever reason.

Sometimes it's fear, sometimes it just no interest, sometimes people have things happening in their lives which make it impossible.

some awesome Shuma play ;) there is still so much to explore in this game.

some awesome Shuma play ;) there is still so much to explore in this game.

Their going nuts back there

Gilbert Gottfried in the back needs to chill the feck out

Mystic Stare xx Hyper Mystic Ray.

God damn sick.

Using Shuma's teleporty back dash with when he sees a knocked down character roll forward is also beautiful.

This world shall be mine
    200px-Albert_Wesker_RE5.JPG

Wesker's madness knows no bounds

AND the recent one

• Advertisement

this was the video i was talking about. this was among some of the first footage of MVC3. at 0:43 and 1:16 you can see an example of a TAC counter resulting into a combo. looks kind of wonky and i guess thats why they removed it eventually.

Advertisement