Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side Football (Soccer) etc in Loughrea?

Options
  • 24-07-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey,

I'm 31 and looking to get back playing Football/Soccer again. Are there any 5/7 a side teams in Loughrea for my age group?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Johnny boyfriend is same age and looking for a game every week so can you let me know if you find one? He goes some Tuesday nights with a neighbour but they usually have a full team.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 johnnystork

Hi Tilly,

What team does he go to that is too full? That would be a start for me at least lol!

God this is pretty disappointing. What about Craughwell, Ballinasloe, Gort even Oranmore? Must be something around?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Not 5 or 7 a side as such but the back of Temperance Hall is used for indoor soccer. Now is probably not the greatest time to be looking for a 5 a side game, given that there's hurling on, and later evenings = more working hours.

There was a couple of 5 a side tournaments held in July in the town, I'm sure you would have seen them on the Fairgreen.

One thing Loughrea doesn't have that Athenry, Craughwell and Oranmore do is an astroturf pitch, so that might be why it's proving more difficult to find a game... keep asking and you'll find one eventually though!

Thanks Hoody,

Someone told me there is indoor football behind the Temperance hall this Friday. Don't know what time and if its for adults. Anyone know anymore details?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

Hi Johnny. If you don't get sorted locally there is a game every Monday night in oranmore at 9:30. It varies from 5 a side up depending on numbers. Mixed ages so a yound lad like you will be grand. PM me if you want details.

Advertisement