Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number blocking

Options
  • 23-07-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am being stalked by an ex who will not go away, abusive calls etc, can i block his no's in any way...I have a c3 nokia and i have tried safetynet. I have changed my number. Please do not suggest the guards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dgk wrote: »
    I am being stalked by an ex who will not go away, abusive calls etc, can i block his no's in any way...I have a c3 nokia and i have tried safetynet. I have changed my number. Please do not suggest the guards.

Why didnt safety net work?
    He could still leave voicemail but you could have that disabled.

If he is been 'abusive' then you should be going to the guards, otherwise he might still finds ways to get in contact. For example you changed your number, and he still managed to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Davy wrote: »
    Why didnt safety net work?

The C3 is a Series 40 phone, unfortunately you need a (Symbian) Series 60 phone to run safety net.

dgk - Sorry to hear you're having this problem, I'm not sure theres much you can do with the C3. Is he calling from a private number or is their number showing?
    I agree with Davy, you should get in contact with the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Call your operator and have the number barred from texting/calling you.

All operators now have this as a service since it was brought into legislation last year under Anti Bullying laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

All operators now have this as a service since it was brought into legislation last year under Anti Bullying laws.

Indeed- I've done it to prevent many nuisance individuals contacting me. No questions asked by Meteor.

Pointless when he could be using a separate number.

She needs to go to the guards, only pussy footing around otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement