Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITIL Book - Urgent Help Required!

Options
  • 24-07-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all

I am attending the Service Operations ITIL intermediate course starting Tuesday. I have only just realised that I should be reviewing the book prior to starting the course. The book isn't available in any book store and it's too late to order from the net as it probably wouldn't arrive until the course is over!

So i'm looking for help please! Does anyone have the Service Operations book that I can purchase/get a loan of? And if so are you in the Dublin area? I'm willing to pay for this so there's benefit there for anyone willing to help out.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any store that has these books? I've tried all book stores in the city but no joy.

Thanks

Donal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Install kindle to your PC and then purchase the kindle version of the book. You'll have it immediately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Install kindle to your PC and then purchase the kindle version of the book. You'll have it immediately.

+1 to this, ideally you should do 21 hours pre reading before going on the course.

However most students don't, and you normally don't do the exam on the last day so you'll have time to catch up, and do the exam at a time of your choosing. Also if your instructor is good they will take that into account and it won't affect your learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DonL

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to source a book yesterday and got cracking on it straight away. I also got hold of the key elements (summary) book so got through a lot of that as well.

Our course does have the exam on the last day so I can't push it back. Fingers crossed it goes well. I hear the exam is quite tricky and a lot trickier than the sample questions that are provided throughout the course. But I found this with the foundation level as well and it worked out fine.

Advertisement