Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting PhD in UCD

Options
  • 24-07-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all
    I've been accepted into UCD for a PhD starting in Sept.
    I know that Stage 1 of the strucured PhD has an amount of taught modules and the programme description gives a vague idea of what modules will be required.
    What I can't find is a breakdown of what modules will be in which semester and the breakdown of lectures, labs etc for each.
    I've asked my supervisor, but he only really knows about the project and research end, and I've trawled the UCD website.
    Where do you think I could go for this information, or might it simply not be formalised yet?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Most (if not all?) schools/departments should have an administrator, whose office phone number/email should be on the site.. Which department is it?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the timetabling etc. wasn't done yet. Some depts don't bring it all together until early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Swifty_N

It's Mathematical Sciences and you are right, it's probably too early.
    I'm just planning for childcare. I'm a very old new student!

Advertisement