Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Account payer but not owner, do I need a deposit for my new leased home?

• 24-07-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm the account payer for 14 months now but not the listed account owner (that's the landlord), do I need a deposit for my new leased home?

I'm moving in a few weeks and don't want to incur a deposit? I have paid early always; by Visa or online banking.

Will check the website but would appreciate a quick heads up.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm the account payer for 14 months now but not the listed account owner (that's the landlord), do I need a deposit for my new leased home?

I'm moving in a few weeks and don't want to incur a deposit? I have paid early always; by Visa or online banking.

Will check the website but would appreciate a quick heads up.

Thanks

Signup using direct debit, this way you dont need to pay deposit, and also get some discounts etc.

http://www.esb.ie/esbcustomersupply/residential/manage-your-account/our-credit-terms.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi An Ri rua,
    An Ri rua wrote:
    do I need a deposit for my new leased home?

If it's the first time an electricity account is in your own name, then you would be considered a new customer. For new customers, the option is to either pay a deposit of €300, or sign up via direct debit (which waives the deposit).
    An Ri rua wrote:
    I have paid early always; by Visa or online banking.

With a direct debit set up, you can still continue to pay as you always have; if you're used to prepaying (this can help budget your bills) then by all means continue! :) The direct debit in this case would 'clean up' if there's any balance remaining by the time the bill comes.

As finnteme pointed out, you would also be eligible for discounts if you signed up to direct debit (see here for more info). If you like, PM me your details when you're ready and I'll set up the account for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi

thanks for the replies.

Bit confused having looked at that link.

Are these 'discounts' available for just daytime and nightsaver electricity or is it only for where gas is considered? I won't be having gas.

Thanks

Hi An Ri rua,

The second tab on the link I posted shows the electricity-only price plans; you don't need to have gas at all to be eligible. The link defaults to showing the dual-fuel price plans, but you can also go with either electricity or gas on their own.
    An Ri rua wrote:
    Are these 'discounts' available for just daytime and nightsaver electricity

They are indeed. It doesn't matter whether you're on a 24hr or Nightsaver tariff; discounts are applicable to both.

The following link may also be useful: If you need any more help just let me know.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I just wanted to say thanks to David for EXCELLENT, prompt and hassle-free customer service in my signing up to ESB as a new account.

Well done & best wishes.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much An Ri rua! You're more than welcome. :)

Advertisement