Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is .avi playable?

Options
  • 24-07-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

hi everybody
    can you play .avi file on your playstation 3
    a have a lot of .avi video and i like to play them on my playstation but even though the playstation can pick up my usb flash drive it says there no files on it

btw it the files do work because i can plug them into a multimedia boxes and it grand
    but it just a bit of a hassle to plug it in

anybody any ideas
    ps, it not just avi (i think) it cant tell the files exist.
    i go into vido and select the usb and it says no files or something like that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I do the same thing, you have to press triangle(i think) when you are in the USB drive on the ps3, choose 'show all files', then select your video file and it will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

but it can play, it just hidden ?

Yeah, mine plays them anyway.

i never tryed triangle thanks
    what ps3 do u have anyway

80GB from 2008:D

• Advertisement

i wanted to buy the 80gb when i was buying it last summer because im not going to use any of the space on it, seams a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

You might have to put the avi files in a folder and call the folder 'VIDEO'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I stream my videos to my PS3 but it plays .avi files fine for me anyway. Have had a problem with one or two but usually it's grand.

thanks , ill try it later tonight and let you know, i watch the american tv before they come out here by buying them in 'itunes'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

AVIs and MP4s both play fine, just stick them on the USB, then when you highlight it on the PS3, press triangle and select display all, they should all appear then.

• Advertisement

yeap , it works grand , thanks all. it a bit** that you have to do that tho,it just sony acting the pr***

Advertisement