Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing meetup

Options
  • 24-07-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    iv two free weeks(missus and baby going away) to spend time fishing/hunting from tomo week. Would like to get into sea fishing. I do the mackerel once a year in howth, and have went out for pollack and did a bit of inshore fishing, but would like to expand my knowledge of sea fishing and species. Il be going to howth probably for a session and am undecided after that. Maybe galway or lahinch. Or kinsale have a nice boat hire for inshore fishing thats not too dear. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good places to have a cast, or if anyone would like to meet up for a bit of a chat and give me a few tips on tackle and methods. Only person i knew in the sea game has passed. Or if anyone has any nice scenic locations (not asking for secret hot spots) where i can pass a few hours.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

ah, nothing like a load of men on the internet meeting up on a secluded beach comparing rods and tackle :eek::eek:

its what we all do here http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

ah, nothing like a load of men on the internet meeting up on a secluded beach comparing rods and tackle :eek::eek:

its what we all do here http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org

lol, yea, im on that site steve, but yee all seem fairly knowledgeable. Im just looking for a few tips and landing the odd fish. Obviously it would be nice to catch a few but big bags makes no odds to me. Just looking to make the most of me free time, whilst learnin a bit about the sea game!!.

Advertisement