Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarms in moylaragh

Options
  • 24-07-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm living in moylaragh balbriggan and every single day I'm hearing house alarms just going off for no reason.Every one off my neighbors alarms have gone off at some point(more than once) and it's driving me nuts.
    One alarm woke me at 6.30am today and kept going until 4pm when the people came home and switched it off.

Has anyone else had their alarm constantly going off and found a reason why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi.
    not just a problem in Moylaragh, have a word with the neighbour, under regulations the External Bell is supposed to switch off after 15/20 mins.

If that does not work, contact Fingal Co.Co. Environment Section.

You may not get a swift response as its a problem in every estate, but they should contact home owner and request they upgrade alarm so Bell switches off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm living in moylaragh balbriggan and every single day I'm hearing house alarms just going off for no reason.Every one off my neighbors alarms have gone off at some point(more than once) and it's driving me nuts.
    One alarm woke me at 6.30am today and kept going until 4pm when the people came home and switched it off.

Has anyone else had their alarm constantly going off and found a reason why?

It is more than likely a faulty device(s) on the alarm causing it to activate for no reason. A service of the system should find it and put an end to the alarm activating for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hi.
    not just a problem in Moylaragh, have a word with the neighbour, under regulations the External Bell is supposed to switch off after 15/20 mins.

If that does not work, contact Fingal Co.Co. Environment Section.

You may not get a swift response as its a problem in every estate, but they should contact home owner and request they upgrade alarm so Bell switches off.

Only new alarm systems installed to the EN50131 standard are required to turn off after 15 minutes. There was meant to be a new law coming (for the last couple of years) out to cover the issue but as yet it is not in place.

Some older system can be set up to turn off the bell after 15 minutes but most of the bells used on these systems wont comply if the rule does come into force.

Advertisement