Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay indoors!!!

Options
  • 24-07-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

It is flying ant day again. Aaaaargh. I hate them and they are everywhere. Little fookers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I thought it was just me, had to pop to Mahon Point a minute ago, came back and the car was covered in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

they are a fecking nuisance!
    i was out earlier and they are crawling everywhere,
    i didnt realise it only lasted a day though:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time to close my window I think :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah. Normally happens a couple of times a summer. They should all be gone underground tomorrow. Pain in the ass is right. Can't even go outside where I live there were so many of the fookers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had ants in my house for the first time ever this summer :mad:,I hate them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Seen a bunch of them today. Blasted em with fire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ant powder doesn't seem to work,sprays dont work and the electronic thingys are useless too,only thing we've done that makes a difference is those old school sticky fly strip yokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I had ants in my house for the first time ever this summer :mad:,I hate them :mad:

Same here, disgusting. Had them on the inside of my sliding door. Don't how the f**kers got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I remember them when I was a child but haven't seem them in years. Better than the mosquitos here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Saw a crap tonne of these yesterday on my way to the shop, hadn't seen them since I was a kid.

Hundreds of the little buggers everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

They're back...noooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

I got really confused there.. opened the thread. "But.. it's only the 20th.. how the f*ck..." :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

House was invaded a few years back, millions of them, I used to work in the motor industry and I can some heavy chemicals in an unused work box for cleaning rubber and that was the only thing that killed them.

If they want to set up in your house they WILL be persistent and attack you, kill and injure them them, they have very sophisticated communications systems and memory and resolve.

That said for the last two year they made fantastic compost but then their nest catacombs blocked the compost bin completed so I had to destroy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

feckers are all over the place in Ballyphehane!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

The ants are back Ted.

Advertisement