Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constitutional Law v. Marketing

• 24-07-2011 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

About to head into second year of Business with Law and seemly we have a choice between Constitutional Law and Marketing.

Not sure which one to pick yet, was wondering if anyone who has taken these subjects could tell me what they think of them :rolleyes:

Comments

About to head into second year of Business with Law and seemly we have a choice between Constitutional Law and Marketing.

Not sure which one to pick yet, was wondering if anyone who has taken these subjects could tell me what they think of them :rolleyes:

I did the Marketing subject last year.

Basically you start off the first week or so doing a small presentation talking about any product. It’s a group effort and there is no marks going for it. It’s just to ease you into it a bit.
    Then for our first assignment we had to come up with a new product concept for a fast moving consumer good and come up with a product promotion etc for it. That’s an individual project

After Christmas we conducted a survey based again on any product in order to study buyer behaviour in the purchase of a product, i.e camera, tv, games console. This is a group project.

The last project we had was to come up with a whole new product concept and a marketing strategy for it. This is a group project. You have to conduct PESTEL (Study of Political, Environmental, Sociocultural, Technological, Economical, and Legal factors which could make or break the product) and SWOT analysis for this product.

Every solid iota of research you do for project 1 and 3 must be referenced and that can be a bit time consuming.

For every project you do a one page reflection outlining what you learned and what you will change and what you will bring into the next project etc and finally you complete an overall reflection for the whole year.

All your work has to be submitted at the end of the year in a bound portfolio. I liked marketing and you do learn there is no doubt, it can be a bit draining at times but I’m half thinking of going the full honours degree in marketing when finished my certificate as there is some good opportunities there id say.
    Hope this helps. I don’t know a thing about the other subject sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

constitutional doesnt have as much work as that to do you get 2/3 assignments over the year and an exam at x-mas once you have a good enough attendance record you would be okay for the summer exams which is worth 70% of your result also John Tully is fairly sound and easy to get along with

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

If you want to be a lawyer, con is the obvious choice. Thing is, some get it some don't. U need to be a hard worker, good at reading and ready to tackle some tricky concepts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

If you get constitution al law then it can be great subject to do

Advertisement