Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiccups in Newborn.

Options
  • 24-07-2011 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Following on from Captain Morgans thread on feeding is there any way of getting rid of Hiccups.

We feed our small girl and wind her etc but when we lie her back down she gets sick and then gets Hiccups for nearly 10 mins and gets really irritated with them.

Are we doing something wrong or is there different bottles we can get that would fix it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Following on from Captain Morgans thread on feeding is there any way of getting rid of Hiccups.

We feed our small girl and wind her etc but when we lie her back down she gets sick and then gets Hiccups for nearly 10 mins and gets really irritated with them.

Are we doing something wrong or is there different bottles we can get that would fix it.

Thanks.

What tips of teats have you got on the bottle? If the flow o the milk is too fast she will gulp in a lot of air which won't help the hiccups. Make sure it is a slow flow/stage 1 teat.

I also found that having them more upright when feeding them helps also. But unfortunately I they do get hiccups there's not much you can do really only wait it out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nothing much you can do with the hiccups... their little muscles aren't strong enough to control the hiccups this young...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They don't really bother them Corkie. My lad had almost constant hiccups for the first 9 months. Once they start laughing it's another trigger. It's hard to resist making them laugh!

He's 18 months now, only gets them occasionally and they still don't seem to bother him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thanks folks. I thought I was doing something wrong. Her mammy is still not mobile yet so I didnt want her worrying..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Our little one has been getting hiccups since she was in the womb! Used to feel them all the time when I was pregnant, and now at almost 7 months she still gets them normally once or twice every day.

As others have said apparently it's not an issue for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My fella got them at least twice a day in the womb, got them regularly as a newborn and still gets them at 6 months but not as regularly. I looked it up in my baby book and it said it doesn't bother the baby so I stopped worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement