Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 switch back offer

Options
  • 24-07-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I recently changed over to meteor prepaid after being with o2 for years and o2 rang me up to give me an offer of 50e free credit straight away as a incentive to switch back. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the rates are the same:

O2 said they'd match the free roaming (free to answer your phone) anywhere in the EU. To make a call is a 79c connection fee and 30c per min to Ireland.

It's a free 50 quid credit, should I just grab it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I recently changed over to meteor prepaid after being with o2 for years and o2 rang me up to give me an offer of 50e free credit straight away as a incentive to switch back. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the rates are the same:

O2 said they'd match the free roaming (free to answer your phone) anywhere in the EU. To make a call is a 79c connection fee and 30c per min to Ireland.

It's a free 50 quid credit, should I just grab it?
    Err, I'd check that one out again. Think they may not be explaining that to you clearly. Chances are they were referring to O2 Travel in which case it's "free" to receive a call as in you are not charged by the minute, but you pay a 79c connection fee for each answered call. Then making a call is as they describe, 79c connection fee plus 30c per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's a free fifty up front with no strings you should, just be ready to go again when the credit gets low.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Kensington wrote: »
    Err, I'd check that one out again. Think they may not be explaining that to you clearly. Chances are they were referring to O2 Travel in which case it's "free" to receive a call as in you are not charged by the minute, but you pay a 79c connection fee for each answered call. Then making a call is as they describe, 79c connection fee plus 30c per minute.

they really are the dodgiest hoors, pretty sure she said they'd match the meteor free to answer calls as long as it's within the EU. Do you they operate like that...as in one customer could get one offer better than another because of being with them for yonks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

As far as I know they do not - which is why I recommend you clarify the issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Getting something in writing off a tele sales rep you'd be lucky.

Tip: don't buy into anything from an unsolicited phone call. Not just 02 but anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement