Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inishowen events next weekend - bad planning

Options
  • 24-07-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭

Driving around Inishowen last week or so, I see a few events all planned for the same time.

Surely woudl it not be beneficial for them all to try and organise it so the clashes are kept to a minimum, to keep numbers up?

For example, on Sunday 31st July there is the Culdaff Sports Day, the Malin Raft Race and events, the Moville Raft Race and its also the Muff Festival too.

Over recent years I would have got to each of these at some stage, but if they all occur on the same day, you gotta pick one and stick with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Its a bank holiday weekend and some of these events are aimed for the local community.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Its a bank holiday weekend and some of these events are aimed for the local community.

Fair enough, but there's not much distance between Malin, Culdaff, Moville, Muff, especially the 1st two. I'm sure if they were on separate days then people might attend both.

Appreciate its a bank holiday weekend too, so they usually try to organise things on that to get bigger crowds.

Edit: Clonmany Festival also starts that weekend. Plenty of choice if you are looking for a day out, thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Seems like there competing for participants

Advertisement