Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork v Mayo All Ireland Quarter Final - Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rebel Fan wrote: »
    Only thing worse than a sore loser and that's a sore winner!!! Up Tyrone!

Correct, no point even reading his posts - utterly predictable green and gold goggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Only thing worse than a sore loser and that's a sore winner!!! Up Tyrone!
    A sad bitter human being with a complete hatred for Cork is all that fellow is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

teednab-el wrote: »
    No point being honest and gracious in defeat, I'm sick of counihan and the way he goes on after the game. He annoys me to death, No trophies for being like that.
    Change in manager and selectors me thinks along with replacing a good few players on the Cork team. Things must be freshened up or we won't see another All Ireland in the next 25 years.

strange. I thought he had won the last 3 major trophies that were handed out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

bruschi wrote: »
    strange. I thought he had won the last 3 major trophies that were handed out?

I agree he has been successful but I think its time for a change to freshen up things. A few new players needed as well, that could be seen yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mighty stuff yesterday lads but I always knew Mayo had another big performance in them. Lets hope they give the Kingdom the same treatment the next day...

However was wondering if anyone knows where I could get full coverage of the match online..? Bloody TV3 dont seem to have it up unlike when RTE cover matches:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Leonidas Leonidas Leonidas Leonidas Leonidas where art thou? Really hope you're ok considering what has happened. :D

What a performance by Mayo. I hope people realise that Connacht Football is not too bad at all. Last time Mayo met Kerry in an All-Ireland semi final was in 1996. What happened then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Last time Mayo met Kerry in an All-Ireland semi final was in 1996. What happened then??
    I forget, I can only remember as far back as 2004 and 2006. :D
    Relax, I'm just joking. :)

What struck me about yesterday's game was that from early in the second half when Cork began to seem in real trouble there was an expectation that they would up a gear and find a way to break free and back into the game. That seemed clear from the commentary. However Cork never hit a purple patch if you exclude their start to the game. If I were a Cork supporter I'd be a bit pissed off that they seemingly surrendered without a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

DeepBlue wrote: »

What struck me about yesterday's game was that from early in the second half when Cork began to seem in real trouble there was an expectation that they would up a gear and find a way to break free and back into the game. That seemed clear from the commentary. However Cork never hit a purple patch if you exclude their start to the game. If I were a Cork supporter I'd be a bit pissed off that they seemingly surrendered without a fight.

The saying "we hit the wall" springs to mind. In the 2nd half Mayo did to us what we have done to so many teams in the past. They cleaned up in midfield, they defended in droves and attacked in waves. We had no answer to it, we had a great start and then backed off and went back to short kickouts, short handpassing, leading to many turnovers. Mayo upped the intensity and we couldn't answer back.
    One thing that really annoyed me yesterday, was sitting in The Metro having a few pints, the Cork fans that were there were more focused on the semi final with Kerry, did the players think the same??? This has happened a few times before with us, remember 2000 hurling semi with Offaly,2004 qualifier with Fermanagh, 2003 (I think) qualifier against Roscommon, 2006 hurling final with Kilkenny to name but a few, it's well known in Cork that sometimes we beat ourselves by being too cocky, hats off to Mayo though, they wanted it more than us and fully deserved their victory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DeepBlue wrote: »

This Cork team brought Sam home after 20 yrs away. I believe they will bring Sam back in the very near future aswell. They have showed on many occasion how much fight they have in them. As Van The Man aptly sings " there'll be days like this".
    I'm pissed off we lost - simple as that really.

• Advertisement

The saying "we hit the wall" springs to mind. In the 2nd half Mayo did to us what we have done to so many teams in the past. They cleaned up in midfield, they defended in droves and attacked in waves. We had no answer to it, we had a great start and then backed off and went back to short kickouts, short handpassing, leading to many turnovers. Mayo upped the intensity and we couldn't answer back.
    One thing that really annoyed me yesterday, was sitting in The Metro having a few pints, the Cork fans that were there were more focused on the semi final with Kerry, did the players think the same??? This has happened a few times before with us, remember 2000 hurling semi with Offaly,2004 qualifier with Fermanagh, 2003 (I think) qualifier against Roscommon, 2006 hurling final with Kilkenny to name but a few, it's well known in Cork that sometimes we beat ourselves by being too cocky, hats off to Mayo though, they wanted it more than us and fully deserved their victory.

I agree with everything you said above except the part in bold. I for one would never be too confident facing Kilkenny and I'm sure most genuine Cork fans would feel the same. I was very afraid in 2006 when everyone was talking about Cork going for 3 in a row, I knew Kilkenny wouldn't let us off likely eventhough it was one close match. The semi final of 2000 against Offally was a true example of how we were expected to win handy and it didn't happen.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

I'm pissed off we lost - simple as that really.

me too :D, I couldnt sleep last night after loosing this game. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Sick. Several Cork players came up a long way short when Mayo put it up to them physically. Something that's really only happened against Kerry in the last 6 or 7 seasons. We're used to being beaten by Kerry, so this defeat is something we haven't experienced in a while and I really was down after it.

Well done and fair play to Mayo and their fans on here all week. Totally and utterly deserved their win. Hard work and effort right through. They "out Corked, Cork".

Best of luck to Mayo against Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭crucamim

the bolt wrote: »
    pat is that you pat?:D:D:D

I do not understand this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

It's very difficult to string together two All Ireland victories in successive years these days.

The days of 3 in a rows or 4 in a rows are a thing of the past.

This Cork team have had a lot of success and they did look tired yesterday, out of ideas and out of energy.

I've no doubt they will come back stronger next year and probably win the AI next year.

Kerry will be a different prospect for Mayo though. Kerry are a 70 minute team while teams like Cork often only play in patches.

Mayo will need supreme cencentration against Kerry.

They will also need the blanket defence. Seems to be the only way to beat Kerry. It worked for Tyrone anyways. Make it as hard as possible for their creative forwards to get the ball and carve up the defence. Crowd them out, wear them down, frustrate them.

Even though I am from Mayo, I tip Kerry to win the semis, meet Tyrone in the final (Dublin have only one consistent foward, B. Brogan). And the Kerry-Tyrone final will be another great chapter in their rivalry, with Tyrone winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I thought Mayo were much more pacey and full of running in the second half and at the end of first half. We finally have a Mayo side with pace and stamina in defence and attack. O'Sheas are not greyhounds but they do bring strength and aerial ability. I think Corks posession game does not suit some of their physically big forwards. You've got to combine it with some long ball to make life easier for yer forwards. Pearce O'Neill seemed quiet, Paul Kelly was much quieter than usual. The Mayo half forward line are much smaller than the Cork half forward line and all three contributed much more to the game.
    No matter how much you train your body it's hard drag 14/15 stone around Croke Park in these type of all action games.
    Will have been a great learning curve for many Mayo players, Kerry by comparison played Limerick in a game that never really had much intensity to it. The Limerick midfield without John Galvin was much weaker.
    Kerry will be favourites but I seen enough weaknesses in Kerrys defence and midfield to give me some hope. Bryan Sheehan was super yesterday but I wonder how he would have fared togging out in the later match. Sheehan looks fitter than ever so I'm looking forward to his battle with the O'Sheas. Sheehan of two years ago wouldn't be up to midfield but he is looking very rangey these days. Shows value of having such a good all round footballer round the middle. Final mention to Lee Keegan of Westport, great to see him back after injury in u21 for Mayo. He is a very good all round footballer and will make a contribution off the bench to the defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Can I ask the cork lads on here when it comes to the semi-final, will they be cheering on Kerry because Mayo beat them, or cheering on Mayo because they don't like Kerry?

As a dub, for me if it was Meath, I know I'd be cheering for the others. For (most of) us they're the GAA version of England in soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Funnily enough Ryan McMenamin was saying the same about Dublin, he said they'd big respect for Roscommon but inevitably it was hard to ignore Dublin, I wouldn't be surprised if half an eye was on Kerry, dangerous thing to do with Mayo.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

Lustrum wrote: »
    Can I ask the cork lads on here when it comes to the semi-final, will they be cheering on Kerry because Mayo beat them, or cheering on Mayo because they don't like Kerry?

As a dub, for me if it was Meath, I know I'd be cheering for the others. For (most of) us they're the GAA version of England in soccer

I like watching Kerry play football, they play it the way it should be played. They have the best forward line in the country and some of their scores are great to watch. However, I'll be cheering on Mayo in the semi, for a county that has come so close in recent years only to fall at the last hurdle it would be great to see them win sam. I remember the overwhelming feeling of relief and joy when we won last year, after coming so close it was great to get over the line. Every county needs to win an All Ireland, it's great for the game and the association. I remember well the All Ireland in 89, the atmosphere and colour Mayo brought to the final was unbelievable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Tyrone though, I have a sneaking feeling they're getting everything right for a lash at Sam. I think they'll have too much for dublin and will beat Donegal in the semi. If they get to the final, especially against Kerry, Jack O Connor will have nightmares, the spirit of Michaela could just bring it home this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I like watching Kerry play football, they play it the way it should be played. They have the best forward line in the country and some of their scores are great to watch. However, I'll be cheering on Mayo in the semi, for a county that has come so close in recent years only to fall at the last hurdle it would be great to see them win sam. I remember the overwhelming feeling of relief and joy when we won last year, after coming so close it was great to get over the line. Every county needs to win an All Ireland, it's great for the game and the association. I remember well the All Ireland in 89, the atmosphere and colour Mayo brought to the final was unbelievable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Tyrone though, I have a sneaking feeling they're getting everything right for a lash at Sam. I think they'll have too much for dublin and will beat Donegal in the semi. If they get to the final, especially against Kerry, Jack O Connor will have nightmares, the spirit of Michaela could just bring it home this year.

If that's the case then you should be shouting for the dubs!! :D:D

. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Tyrone though, I have a sneaking feeling they're getting everything right for a lash at Sam. I think they'll have too much for dublin and will beat Donegal in the semi. If they get to the final, especially against Kerry, Jack O Connor will have nightmares, the spirit of Michaela could just bring it home this year.

I see it happening for some strange reason. I have to comment here on the cockiness of some Kerry fans that I know, they think if they met Tyrone again they would beat them handy enough. In 2008 I believed that Kerry were in the best position ever to beat Tyrone as they had a lethal forward line which was far more dangerous than it is now and they failed to beat a fairly underrated Tyrone team of that time.

Now again if Tyrone play the way they can they should reach this years final and I would fancy them once they reach that stage. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

This thread makes for some interesting reading now.
    barbarians wrote: »
    I think cork will stroll this today.

Cork are just the better team overall and and although Cork are missing the significant forwards O'Connor is on form, Gould is showing potential and Nick Murphy in at full forward could cause havoc.

Also, I don't think Mayo are anywhere near Cork's standard and Mayo usually don't perform at this stage of the Championship-fall apart and get thrown to the wayside.

Cork by 6+ points.
    Paracore wrote: »
    Mayo stciking well with the so far but they will inevitably roll over being the soft little pansies they are
    BERBA wrote: »
    Cork will beat mayo handy , bring on the kingdom
    unknown13 wrote: »
    Cork are going to demolish Mayo. They are a much better team and are going to win by a comfortable margin.
    ye'll need to move on a fair bit the next day to avoid an unmerciful hiding;)
    Cork in no win situation for this game , key for Cork is to avoid more injuries for the showdown with Kerry
    JFlah wrote: »
    As a proud Kerry man , unfortunately i can only see a very comfortable Cork victory , hopefully Mayo are capable of 1 decent performance and attain respectability but i would genuinely fear for them. If Roscommon had won the Connaught final what sort of prediction would people be making??

While it appears Cork have a mental problem with us(Kerry) they came very close to winning a Munster final that they only played in for 15/20 minutes and if and when they put a longer performance together i don,t think anyone will live with them Kerry included , despite the Munster victory we still have problems and would fear for us when our midfield and half back line is put under pressure for an entire game .

Back to Cork/Mayo while i would hope for a copmpetetive game with Cork winning by 3/4 points i can see the last 15 minutes going really badly for Mayo and have to take Cork by 8-10 and in a bad case scenario possibly much more!!!
    bm1993 wrote: »
    Cork will destroy Mayo. Mayo are lucky that Sheehan O'Neill and possibly Goulding are out otherwise I shudder to think what would happen. Mayo's backs with the exception of Higgins are poor and will be ruthlessly exposed in Croker. The midfield is average at best and while the half forward line is good Doherty and Freeman aren't up to championship standard. O'Connor is a serious talent but only 19. Cork are far superior in every area and Mayo's only hope is if Cork hit 30 wides. A 10 pt or less defeat would be a good result for Mayo.
    holding him in reserve for kerry , take no chances with him. In fact i think Cork could play a reserve side and still beat London, i mean Mayo:D
    This should be reasonably handy for Cork. Much as Leinster hasn't had a team in the AI Final since 01, Connaught is still by far and away the weakest province.
    leonidas83 wrote: »
    No wont be laughing, will just have a nice smarmy smile on my face come Sunday evening.:) We can come on here on Sunday evening and compare scores.Mayo are in for a good beating and I wouldnt usually take pleasure in that, but with guys like your man back there I will be glad of it this time

And with the odds, you should check that out with the bookies yourself, i know what I'm betting on and know what I'm about to win:)
    Jesus ye Mayo lads are touchy, I'm not even trying to wind ye up and look at ye. Look here buddy, ill tell you some home truths, Mayo are an overated, one sport county with delusions of grandeur about how good their team is. Limerick have both Hurling and Fooball teams, a city with troubles in certain parts but give me Limerick city anyday over that hole ye call Castlebar or any of those dives around it. Roscommon should have beaten ye if it were not for the atrocious conditions in the second half. An
    Kojak wrote: »
    Can't see this match being competitive after the 50 minute mark. Cork should win with a fair bit to spare. The standard of football in Connacht has been poor for a few years - yes, very competitive but at a low standard.

The biggest thing that will catch Cork will be more injuries or a lad or two to get the line - they have already lost 4 players for this match. If they lost anymore before they play the semi-final, then they could be in trouble.

Cork to win by 6+ points.
    robster83 wrote: »
    It is, a total fail, I don't know why it was set up in the first place. Sorry about my post earlier, hands up it was a typo, meant to say Kieran McDonald and sorry to the Rossies for not mentioning Dermot Early, but come on, I was speaking in the modern context of the game, not going back to players who were playing before I was even born, he probably was the best footballer never to have won an All Ireland. My mistake for not being clear on that one. Dont have a clue who leonidras83 is.

It is a good point about Fiachra Lynch, the guys writing in the Examiner today feel the same. If we can actually get back to talking about this game, nobody has mentioned the Cork backs yet, that is a solid, young, quick Cork full back line, and if you look at the bench, Cork have a second full back line with a nice bit of All Ireland experience in Ray Carey, Graham Canty and Jamie O' Sullivan. Mayo havn't had a top class attacher since McDonald so how in the name of god are they going to break that Cork defence, especially since Mayo havnt even played in Croke Park since their 2009 defeat to Meath. Let just put this thread to bed.
    Dots1982 wrote: »
    Don't think this will be close, Cork by 7 points I would say. I still can't ignore the fact Mayo lost to Longford last year and nearly lost to London :eek: this year.
    Tucker.Tim wrote: »
    Get off your righteous train, he's right.as the game was deadly tight in everything, with indeed Roscommon edged almost every tactical stat besides the scoreline. If the weather didn't worsen in the second half or if Roscommon kicked more ball deep in the first half it's hard for any neutral like myself to claim they think Mayo would still have won. If people said Roscommon won a 'handy' Connacht last year then they have every right to say the same about Mayo this year.

Prove your worth in your next game because the Connacht final told us very little about either side besides them being very evenly matched.
    STB wrote: »
    If Mayo keep shooting from distance they will ruin it for themselves.

They are being destroyed in the middle of the park and its only 12 mins in.

Mismatch No 2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

ColeTrain wrote: »
    This thread makes for some interesting reading now.

Hmmm.... where are they all now?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

thought Mayo's backs were outstanding. cork were confined to a point in the second half,scored by their centre back,says it all. the midfield will need to improve dramatically,that 21yr old O'Shea guy was the unfittest player i saw in Croker over 4 games this weekend,totally immobile,hands on hips for 3/4 of the game while barking out orders to his team mates who were flying past him. how do the management allow this?
    keeper played well.good kickouts and intelligent play overall. think Andy Moran is grossly overrated,wont get a sniff from the Kerry backs. Mayo's goal was brillant,contender for goal of the season.
    hope they can make the final and win it,hard to see though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

washman3 wrote: »
    thought Mayo's backs were outstanding. cork were confined to a point in the second half,scored by their centre back,says it all. the midfield will need to improve dramatically,that 21yr old O'Shea guy was the unfittest player i saw in Croker over 4 games this weekend,totally immobile,hands on hips for 3/4 of the game while barking out orders to his team mates who were flying past him. how do the management allow this?
    keeper played well.good kickouts and intelligent play overall. think Andy Moran is grossly overrated,wont get a sniff from the Kerry backs. Mayo's goal was brillant,contender for goal of the season.
    hope they can make the final and win it,hard to see though.
    Pardon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Kojak wrote: »
    Can't see this match being competitive after the 50 minute mark.

You were right. It wasn't. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

crucamim wrote: »
    I do not understand this post.
    sorry my attempt at being funny when drunk and didnt link to the poster i was trying to poke fun at,dont remember who it was now but it was along the lines of how good kerry were a la pat spillane.

It must be added that Cork were very understrength yesterday particularly in the forwards.

Kerry this year are much stronger in the forwards department than Cork.

I agree with Joe Brolly in that Cork tend to bludgen teams with their power and physique, while Kerry have the more surgical approach.

Kerry are masters of pulling defenders out of position and leaving gaps for half forwards and midfielders to run into and score goals. Mayo need to watch out for that.

It's better for Mayo to concede points than several goals and force Kerry to shoot from distance.

Points are not too difficult to peg back, but goals can and do kill games, and no-one is better at that than Kerry.

If Mayo can stop Kerry from scoring goals, then they have a chance.

I still fancy Kerry though.

plasmaguy wrote: »
    It must be added that Cork were very understrength yesterday particularly in the forwards.

Kerry this year are much stronger in the forwards department than Cork.

I agree with Joe Brolly in that Cork tend to bludgen teams with their power and physique, while Kerry have the more surgical approach.

Kerry are masters of pulling defenders out of position and leaving gaps for half forwards and midfielders to run into and score goals. Mayo need to watch out for that.

It's better for Mayo to concede points than several goals and force Kerry to shoot from distance.

Points are not too difficult to peg back, but goals can and do kill games, and no-one is better at that than Kerry.

If Mayo can stop Kerry from scoring goals, then they have a chance.

I still fancy Kerry though.

where were they understrength outside of the forward line?

where were they understrength outside of the forward line?

Fair enough, they were understrength in the forwards.

Apart from that, the midfielders were cleaned out...agreed?

Not sure what the reason for that was, but it was certainly a below par performance from the Cork midfielders...were they injured, tired, etc..or just feeling understrength!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

yop wrote: »
    So its Sunday evening, can we discuss :D
    Pity about the 200 quid you lost and the hammering poor Limerick took ;)

Bet we won't see you on here again though. :)

Moran deserved MOM, hope to heck now the boys dont get carried away! :o

Haha! ye Mayo boys craic me up, I'm loving this. You'd swear to god ye won Sam or something. Look first of all, the main reason ye won today was because of Cork's depleted forward line, I still dont rate ye and im looking forward to Kerry sending ye packing back to that hole ye call Castlebar in the semi's. Second, I lost 200e on the bet, big deal, you win some, you lose some, I know it seems like big bucks up in old Mayo but its small time compared to what Ive won this year already. Finally everyone knows your gloating as much as possible now because when the Championship gets serious ye will always **** your pants, ye will be up against a fully fit forward line against Kerry so afraid your luck will all be out then.
    As for Limerick, proud as punch of them this year and know it will develop the game further down there as it has to contend with other sports were good at, Rugby, hurling etc. unlike that back arse end of nowhere Mayo. How many sports are ye good at? yes thats right, **** all:) Oh and yop or whatever your name is, I aint going anywhere buddy, cant be letting ye delusional Mayo boys run away with yourselves, good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Haha! ye Mayo boys craic me up, I'm loving this. You'd swear to god ye won Sam or something. Look first of all, the main reason ye won today was because of Cork's depleted forward line, I still dont rate ye and im looking forward to Kerry sending ye packing back to that hole ye call Castlebar in the semi's. Second, I lost 200e on the bet, big deal, you win some, you lose some, I know it seems like big bucks up in old Mayo but its small time compared to what Ive won this year already. Finally everyone knows your gloating as much as possible now because when the Championship gets serious ye will always **** your pants, ye will be up against a fully fit forward line against Kerry so afraid your luck will all be out then.
    As for Limerick, proud as punch of them this year and know it will develop the game further down there as it has to contend with other sports were good at, Rugby, hurling etc. unlike that back arse end of nowhere Mayo. How many sports are ye good at? yes thats right, **** all:) Oh and yop or whatever your name is, I aint going anywhere buddy, cant be letting ye delusional Mayo boys run away with yourselves, good luck

Don't be giving Limerick a bad name, it's slightly embarrassing. Limerick did brilliantly to get to the quarter final and it was a great achievement for us but Mayo did very well yesterday too....they're not celebrating any more than we would be if we had beaten Kerry.

There's no need to be abusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

That is NO reason to come on here and be abusive. This thread may have been heated in parts but more or less everyone was being civil. It is ignorant and obnoxious people like you that are giving counties a bad name in these sort of discussions. You OBVIOUSLY know nothing about Mayo, and would be well advised to quit making those type of comments. Now bugger off and troll somewhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Haha! ye Mayo boys craic me up, I'm loving this. You'd swear to god ye won Sam or something. Look first of all, the main reason ye won today was because of Cork's depleted forward line

Hmmm Cork's depleted full-forward line didn't stop you throwing away €200 now did it?

I still dont rate ye and im looking forward to Kerry sending ye packing back to that hole ye call Castlebar Limerick

Changed the quote above to reflect events at the weekend.
    Second, I lost 200e on the bet, big deal, you win some, you lose some, I know it seems like big bucks up in old Mayo but its small time compared to what Ive won this year already.

What's a high roller like you doing wasting time on internet forums when you could be over in Vegas hustling some rich cowboy out of his fortune?

Finally everyone knows your gloating as much as possible now because when the Championship gets serious ye will always **** your pants, ye will be up against a fully fit forward line against Kerry so afraid your luck will all be out then.

If you hadn't made such an arse of yourself in this thread we wouldn't be gloating at you so much. And instead of showing some humility and congratulating Mayo on their fine victory you are embarassing yourself even more.
    As for Limerick, proud as punch of them this year and know it will develop the game further down there as it has to contend with other sports were good at, Rugby, hurling etc. unlike that back arse end of nowhere Mayo. How many sports are ye good at? yes thats right, **** all:)

Limerick, the pantheon of sports, much like the ancient Greeks and their olympia. Sure didn't Kerry score a soccer-style goal against ye yesterday, ye're not that good at alternative sports.
    Oh and yop or whatever your name is

No really his name is yop :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I stopped taking him seriously after he said Limerick were good at hurling :L

You really are stuck in a time warp, The game was played yesterday. I'm also delighted you lost your €200, thrilled for you, keep up the good work..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ah finally. Well the other posters said it for me, embarrassing to Limerick, to football and to that fact hurling and rugby and completely inept in any knowledge with regards the GAA.
    You have just taken each of your daft posts on this thread and replaced Cork with Kerry.

Personally and I think plenty would agree your not on here to banter with the rest of but only to shower abusive post after post.

Learn a bit of manners, fellas like you come on here year after year, like the rest we stop feeding you and you will disappear.

Now either grow a set like the others who have already ( and deserve 110% for same) or leave it. Your gaining no "buddies" on here. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Still have that smarmy grin on your face? I would say smarmy is your face's default setting.

Limerick are good at what other sports?

Kerry are big favourites and have great forwards that we will struggle to cope with. I would give us a small chance. But Mayo's chances of beating Kerry are not what people want to talk to you about. What we want to know is how do you feel Leonidas that your lack of GAA knowledge/manners/humility etc etc etc has been cruelly exposed? Also, how do you feel that there will be an asterisk beside every post that you write from now on due to you making a complete mug of yourself in the GAA forum?
    I'm sure you realise that it isnt only your bookie who thinks your a mug now?

I'm loving it guys, cmon, keep bringing the insults on, your really hurting my feelings with my lack of buddies and GAA knowledge insults,:)

Hows this for you, I'll put a grand on Kerry beating ye and when they do ill come on here and be civil about it, no smarminess and invite ye all for a pint on me so we can be GAA buddies:)

I'm loving it guys, cmon, keep bringing the insults on, your really hurting my feelings with my lack of buddies and GAA knowledge insults,:)

Hows this for you, I'll put a grand on Kerry beating ye and when they do ill come on here and be civil about it, no smarminess and invite ye all for a pint on me so we can be GAA buddies:)

hows about this. put up a screenshot of your bet. otherwise you are just a bluffer.

• Advertisement

hows about this. put up a screenshot of your bet. otherwise you are just a bluffer.

When I make the bet, I will, no problem, that ok with you bruschi?

I'll look forward to it.

I'll look forward to it.

Me too and my winnings:)

Put the house/caravan on it, sure thing..

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Put the house/caravan on it, sure thing..

Nah, ive actually got the money unlike most of ye boyo's up there still living with your mammies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Seriously Leonidas this reply is totally uncalled for,we're all GAA sports lovers on this forum discussing all matters GAA and yes having a bit of hopefully friendly banter.

• Advertisement

Kerry will win against Mayo, no doubt about that.

They have the experience, the skill, the guile, the know-how to pull it out of the bag.

This group of Kerry players have been there and done that so many times.

And they are the masters of winning semi finals. I reckon it will be a stroll in the park for them.

When was the last time Kerry lost a semi final by the way?

I think they won semis in 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 and 2009. Lost in the quarters in 2010.

They have a savage record in AI semi finals, winning 7 in a row in the naughties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Why are people playing this guys game? Leave the insults to him and keep up the decent conversation;)

Nah, ive actually got the money unlike most of ye boyo's up there still living with your mammies:)

Kindly grow up, or go away - either will do. ( I'm not from Mayo, have enough money to place a similar bet and I don't live with my mammy - but none of that really matters of course!)

Longranger wrote: »
    Why are people playing this guys game? Leave the insults to him and keep up the decent conversation;)

Fair enough, but Cork were understrength, a bit like Tyrone have been some years...It's hard to have everyone fit every year, although Cork do seem to lack strength in depth.

I think it's too early to say Cork are a bad team or Mayo are now a good team.

As a mayo person I was happy with yesterday's win, but no more than that. It was probably a flash in the pan, which is common with Mayo football. Brillant one day, awful the next, it's been a regular occurance down the years with Mayo..Complete lack of consistency, and inability to put in two big performances in a row (I discount the Connacht Championship which was pretty poor again this year).

For me Tyrone, Dublin and Kerry are the big 3 this year. Mayo have done well to get to the semis and that's good for Horan's first year, but I don't see them going further than that. When Kerry go a year without SAM they are like men possessed to win it back and would walk through walls to get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I was going to take the easy route here and just lock the thread, but I think it's impressive that after over 500 posts there has been little to no trouble in here. Says a lot about both sets of supporters :) There's probably not much left to discuss after the match but I don't want to let one person take down a whole thread.

Oh and leonidas83 is now banned btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement