Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24/7/11

• 24-07-2011 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

God there was some serious scripting tonight. Tough episode to sit through.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Clarkson's doing most of the tests these days, isn't he? Almost turned off once the mustaches appeared. Thankfully we didn't see how they made the credits, that would have been pretty much unbearable. The demolition stuff, well, ya know...but in the end it did raise a few laughs mainly due to the sheer ridiculousness of it.

'Princess Diana had one of these'. Let's see how the Daily Mail like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Used to be a decent show but alas they believed their own hype. Now it's a stinking turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

'Princess Diana had one of these'.

That was a good line in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I loved the Jensen, the Lotus and the "title sequence" film but then I'm the right age to have hazy nostagic memories of those 70s series and still watch them if given the chance.
    I've also thought for a while "Top Gear - the Movie" was a logical extension of the er franchise. Them in classic V8s in a sort of jackass road movie type adventure would be quite good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Not great tonight. Very formulaic Top Gear stuff. Just knew Clarkson would stall the Lotus. It was obvious that they would mess up the demolition and I can't say I was shocked when the dynamite came out.

Interesting that Clarkson has a flappy paddle gearbox in his own car. He's always giving out about them.

'Princess Diana had one of these'.

Surprisingly, that didn't even look scripted. It looked like May & Hammond weren't expecting it and genuinely laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Enjoyed it tonight until the demolition segment to appeal to the teenagers.

I do think they have taken on board some of the criticism and this series is their best for years IMO.

I'd like to see them do a spin off show for the jackass fans, leaving us top gear fans with a show about cars. Clarkson for one is getting on a bit for all this dicking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

Can't believe all that military hardware is for sale just like that. You can buy tanks and choppers in working order?! Mad stuff!

Now, I think they should do a feature on bikes again. As much as they hate them, it would be great fun. Something like the Vietnam special, but in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,746 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Crap episode.

The bits with them trying to demolish a house in wherever was simply embarrassing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only watched the second half on Sunday, not a big fan of the demolition bit. Anything that involves the British Army again I'm beginning to switch off to.

Watched the first half on iPlayer there...decent enough, not A grade. James May looked frighteningly like Des Lynam..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It was a horrific episode. Textbook example of what everyone is complaining about. The shows with the bigger budgets always manage to be the worst (specials excluded).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

dfx- wrote: »
    James May looked frighteningly like Des Lynam..:eek:

Thanks. That was wrecking my head when I was watching it.
    Couldn't think of who he reminded me of.

Advertisement