Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Tallaght,where to live?

• 24-07-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

I will be starting a job in Tallaght soon.Where would be a good place to live.I have a car and i would like to be near enough to city but i dont want to be stuck in traffic for very long.any ideas?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Its a big place with sometimes bad traffic. Post the whereabouts of your job and we might be able to help more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Somewhere like Rathfarnham/Templeogue are nice area and kind of half way between Tallaght and town.

Sorry, my message earlier was rubbish :)

Post where you think you like to live if you want to commute to Tallaght. If you have no idea where in South Dublin you would like to live, I'd suggest that you do a bit more research. Its a big place with lots of options.

Do you have kids? Buying/renting? Like parks? Like the city more than the country etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

I work on the Belgard road,I would like to live maybe in rathmines,rathgar area,what would traffic be like from them areas to Tallaght in the morning?i would be renting a house,im single.

From there it would be fine, it gets a bit sticky around the M50 roundabout though, but there are other shortcuts you could think about. It entirely possible to cycle that route too. Id say it would take you 30 mins.

• Advertisement

Plus rathgar/rathmines are the perfect places for a single guy!! ;) Any further out from town and youve gone beyond walking home from town after a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you wanted to avoid commuting altogether, Belgard Heights and Kingswood are nice spots.

If you wanted to avoid commuting altogether, Belgard Heights and Kingswood are nice spots.

I think OP wanted to live near the city. Anyway Belgard and Kingswood. Personally I dont rate those areas. Kingswood seem to have a weird rough element, its far from under priveliged but it lacks a sense of community and there are always toe-rags hanging around the shops.
    Belgard has a cosier feel to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

ya i would like to live closer to town,i wouldnt like to live in Tallaght,Im sure there is good areas but it doesnt appeal to me.

Advertisement