Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a IP Webcam!

Options
  • 24-07-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy an ip webcam, something that I can connect to via the local network and internet (from my laptop/iphone/3rd party work pc). Ideally with HD and a good software package (windows 7 is what I'm running).

Cost is subjective - I'm willing to pay if HD and a good software package is available. If at all possible if it could link in with an iPhone app, so that I could watch the camera from on the road that would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

If there's a good review website that would be very helpful too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Literally just a good review website would do me great. The usual CNET, lifehacker, notebookreview... haven't yielded much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 surfisup

Hey,
    I currently am using a trial with Fastcom IP Watch in Sligo, they're a new company and I'm very happy with the initial camera I installed in my folks place they've provided so prob gona get 1 or 2 more for a holiday home we have. I was dealing with a guy called Ciaran but I dont have a contact number. I think there is a number on their website though if you search for them.

Hope this was of some use as I dont know of any sites up and running in Ireland yet for reviews on this kind of technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

A minimum of €9.99 a month seems a bit pricey. I've got log me I'm ignition already for the iPhone and that's only 25 roughly once off, and I could always leave the home pc running and use logmein to watch the remote channels/webcam's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 surfisup

Yeh i suppose its what your after really, I like the one stop shop approach, my iphone app and desktop widgets connected to IP Watch. They've also got a very secure service so hacking or tampering isnt an issue. More piece of mind than anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

surfisup wrote: »
    Yeh i suppose its what your after really, I like the one stop shop approach, my iphone app and desktop widgets connected to IP Watch. They've also got a very secure service so hacking or tampering isnt an issue. More piece of mind than anything

just wondering, do you have any connection with Fastcom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Only 3 posts and all are positive recommendations of fastcom.

I have a dLink camera and there is a good app that can be used to view and control the app from the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭{^Syntax^}

Foscam are pretty good. And cheap.

Advertisement