Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrance to new Public Park

Options
  • 24-07-2011 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi all,

It seems like its taking forever to complete the new entrance by splashworld, any idea when its going to be finished? its going to look great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

No idea when it is going to be finished, they must be on day rate.

But I presume it will be like the band stand and seating area (by the old public toilets) it too will be a complete waste of time and money. Probably be knocked down in a few years.

Sorry about the mini rant but it is totally not needed, could the money that some tool(s) wasted on this be put to better use like the fire service or ambulance service or RNLI, I could go on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mia belle

I agree roco71, if they really needed to use this money why not use it on cleaning up the boating lake and putting a nice walkway around it. The lake is such an eyesore its going to take away from anything else done. The amount of fridges etc dumped there is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Mia belle wrote: »
    I agree roco71, if they really needed to use this money why not use it on cleaning up the boating lake and putting a nice walkway around it. The lake is such an eyesore its going to take away from anything else done. The amount of fridges etc dumped there is unreal.

Mia Belle if you had looked at the plans for the Park you would see that the boating lake and the area around it is to be included in the public park. http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/media/tramoretown/images/Proposed%20Tramore%20Park%20Layout.jpg

Is this the same park that they want to facilitate the elderly (before I get lambasted I too will be old some day so no disrespect to the elderly) and an acre excercise area for dogs? Last time I checked I was sure that there was kids in Tramore too. Think outside the box, not everyone can afford to pay to bring their kids to Splashworld or to the Amusements to entertain them and outside of the beach there is not a lot for people to do with their kids. Perhaps a proper public park that caters for all!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

roco71 wrote: »
    Is this the same park that they want to facilitate the elderly (before I get lambasted I too will be old some day so no disrespect to the elderly) and an acre excercise area for dogs? Last time I checked I was sure that there was kids in Tramore too. Think outside the box, not everyone can afford to pay to bring their kids to Splashworld or to the Amusements to entertain them and outside of the beach there is not a lot for people to do with their kids. Perhaps a proper public park that caters for all!

I would imagine it will cater for everyone, assuming it goes ahead and is ever completed. At the rate the little feature/entrance is going, I wont hold out much hope.

I offered last year to help with a feature in the park itself, and I cant see it happening for a good while yet anyway and I don't think they were sure when it would see movement. This park idea has been floating around for a while now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Has great potential, but think that the money would be better spent on the park itself and what ever is left of the budget can be thrown into the White elephant entrance, what's the chance they go over budget
    Should that type of work be allocated to the fas ce courses

Looks like the whole thing has come to a stop there, no sign of any recent activity.

Between that and the state of the boating lake Tramore really looks appealling to tourists. NOT :(

Its a real shame considering the good work being done by Super-Valu and its staff / volunteers and other local people to make our town TIDY that this area is left to be the eyesore that it is, after all this is one of the first images that people visiting our town will get to see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I got an email there about two weeks ago complaining about "the state of Tramore". The chap was from Dublin and visits the town regularly. His compliant was about the amount of temporary advertisement signage all along the Tramore road, then at the Sommerville Roundabout in the town and down the prom. He quoted some legislation which prohibited such unless permission was given in advance, which if it was, he thought would be a "disgrace". He said that he emailed the council and got no response.

He pointed out that some towns who are running for the Tidy Tows Competition have banned signage which sometimes gets permission like Circus Signs and Election Signs and that Tramore is a long way from winning an award with "such a relaxed attitude to the rubbish" around the town.

Most people who complain about the town are shocked that nothing it done by the council to clean up the two burned out buildings across from the old Railway House. Then you get the general complaints about toilets being closed, bins not being emptied, etc. which we are told is because there isn't enough money for.

Fair points raised by all and with high rates being paid by local businesses, I have always found it weird that private companies and other organisations in the town have to spend their money to try clean up the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GUEVARA50

few Points id like to grumble about

1. The Lake and area around it are actually privately owned and they can grow 12ft elephant grass in it if they wanted. Tramore council would have been better off doing a deal with the amusement owners for a long term plan of the area where Im sure private investment would have catered for better facilities to draw in the punters.
    2. the 175,000 listed on this new entrance expense from what I have been told is GONE. (euros 150,000 already spent) So expect that this eyesore will be here for quite some time. Im amused to see a €25,000 dumpster just sitting there last 8 weeks, 4 foot weeds , a rusting container and crap load of fencing.

3. As im living within a few meters of this weed infested dump I have complained several times to local CoCo as kids are messing around there already and throwing stones. Just time before something stupid happens.

4. it was 100 times better before they touched it as at least it was an open space and people parked there.

5. and worse of all : POINT 2 ; Euros 150,000 on a few unfinished steps and a IRIS !!!!????,,,

it would have been better if they had simply paid @ 20,000 to clean the immediate area and tarmac part of it for even paid parking ,, now its a mess. MUPPETS

Fairly sure that land was bought by the council, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 GUEVARA50

Sully wrote: »
    Fairly sure that land was bought by the council, no?

nope,, its privately owned as far as i know. there is just an agreement I believe that the council take care of it for public usage

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

150k spent already , Wtf , who exactly in the council thinks that is good value especially in these times , different world they exist in, they've done nothing outside of those steps and a gravel path ,wonder how much the pathway cost cos guarantee a farmer would get it done for less than 2k

Seem to still be working on this, saw them yesterday and also surrounding area..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Heard the entrance will be complete in a few weeks. There was a few unexpected problems which caused delays.

Advertisement