Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: QueenMise

Options
  • 24-07-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

This week (at somewhat short notice, really hope she doesn't mind! :o) it's Queen-Mise ...

Comments

Did you mind the short notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ever hang out in the mustard or Prision forums?
    Is global warming all a big scam by governments to get the human race off its dependency on fossil fuels?
    What do you work at, and was it what you wanted to work at when you were younger?
    Why do old age pensioners (usually male) wear their trousers up under theri armpits?
    Do you own a car? And if so, what type is it?
    Which is worse, bird shít on a car or dead flys on a windscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Did you mind the short notice?

Not in the slightest... It is strange to be doing it though.

Ever hang out in the mustard or Prision forums?
    No not in the mustard forum but I do drop in on the prison forum every now and then. It is not as much fun anymore there as you can't post in the threads anymore.

Is global warming all a big scam by governments to get the human race off its dependency on fossil fuels?
    That is a circular question. Why would you be trying to get people off fossil fuels if there wasn't a problem. I don't believe there is a conspiracy theory for them to go to gas or oil - they are not much better. Although I do think that global warming is far more complex that it is portrayed.

What do you work at, and was it what you wanted to work at when you were younger?
    At the moment I am in college. I really wanted to join the army when a child but never happened.
    Why do old age pensioners (usually male) wear their trousers up under theri armpits?
    Because they don't have a waist for them to hang off - and they have no hips to speak off. It is a sexy look, do you not think?
    Do you own a car? And if so, what type is it?
    02 Green Focus
    Which is worse, bird shít on a car or dead flys on a windscreen?
    Oh dead flies definitely. Horrible to get off.

• Moderators Posts: 51,773 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

woop!! question time for her majesty :P:D

1. what are you studying in college?
    2. favourite country you've been to?
    3. your 5 favourite movies?
    4. your 5 favourite books?
    5. your 5 favourite bands/singers?
    6. what brought you to boards?
    7. what brought you to the Noct forum?
    8. Have you ever/ would you go to a boards beers?
    9. what is the sneakiest fish in the ocean?
    10. do pigs give each other piggy-backs?
    11. favourite piece of technology that you own?
    12. last movie you saw in the cinema, and was it any good?
    13. are you a political person?
    14. do you have an interest in current affairs/news?
    15. do you have any hobbies?
    16. are you still reading these questions?:P
    17. what's your motto for life?
    18. if you could bring in any law, what would it be?
    19. would you trust a person who likes potato salad?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

5 people living/dead/real/fictional you'd like to have dinner with?

1 person living/dead/real/fictional you'd like to get wasted with?

What's the Prison Forum and why can't I view it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

HI! :)

whats your middle name?
    do you like ice cream?
    if this was Narnia would you like to meet Aslan?
    whats your favorite smell?

woop!! question time for her majesty :P:D

1. what are you studying in college?
    Humanities - going into my final year.

2. favourite country you've been to?
    Czech Republic - spent a week there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

3. your 5 favourite movies?
    I have a rant on this - not all movies need to win Oscars, if it entertains you thoroughly for 2hrs and you don't feel time passing, then it is a good movie. So I class my favourite movies as ones that I can't turn off - even if I only see 5 seconds of it.
    Forest Gump, Shawshank, Dogma, Reservoir Dogs, Gone with the Wind/Sound of Music, Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

4. your 5 favourite books?
    This is a ridiculously hard question. I am an avid reader and read lots of different types of books... At the moment my favourites are:
    Fantasy - anything my Raymond E. Feist/Robin Hobb
    The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
    Ghost Atlas by David Mitchell
    Really enjoying The Southern Vampire Series (True Blood based on them)
    I also enjoy reading classics - reading Bram Stoker's Dracula at the moment.

5. your 5 favourite bands/singers?
    Morcheeba, Massive Attack, Leftfield, Elbow, Fatboy Slim - that kind of stuff.

6. what brought you to boards?
    A friend of mine was on here and he was telling me about, so I bit the bullet and joined. He waxed lyrical about it a lot :p:p

7. what brought you to the Noct forum?
    The demise of the CN... I spent all my time in there mostly then it changed and I was homeless... So that is how I ended up in the Noc forum.

8. Have you ever/ would you go to a boards beers?
    I have been to a few Carlow boards beers. Not sure about going to Dublin though to one.

9. what is the sneakiest fish in the ocean?
    This one is: midshipman.jpg
    Would you rather build and house and sing to attract a mate, or sneak into someone else's house? Young male midshipman face this choice early in life and must commit to a lifelong strategy. That's the plainfin midshipman (a fish), not naval cadets.

Some male midshipman opt for the straightforward competition of singing and letting females choose the best singer. But smaller "sneaker" males wait for a female to select a male and then sneak into the mating party and try to win by what's called "sperm competition."

To help, the small sneaker males have one body part that's much larger than the singers, the testes. The testes of sneaker males are 15% of their body weight, that would be 25 pounds in an average human male. This allows the sneakers to produce more sperm than the singers in an attempt to win the sperm competition. Improbable? Scientists believe that sperm competition is a part of human biology, although 25 pound testes are thankfully not part of it.

10. do pigs give each other piggy-backs?
    Only if they are shagging I presume.

11. favourite piece of technology that you own?
    My Sony Reader at the moment - I love it. Have it about 2 months and have read about 30 books. It is never more than 10 feet away from me.

12. last movie you saw in the cinema, and was it any good?
    Limitless - it was very enjoyable. Good entertainment.

13. are you a political person?
    Yep but more international than national.

14. do you have an interest in current affairs/news?
    Not really - didn't know about Norway until a day later - still haven't seen any news reports on it.

15. do you have any hobbies?
    None that don't involve technology.

16. are you still reading these questions?:P
    I am - and it has taken me three hours to do this - got distracted a lot :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

17. what's your motto for life?
    When you are born you are not given a contract to say life is going to be fair. So accept what comes and make the best of all situations & do the best you can. Never stop laughing or taking the piss out of situations, people etc.

18. if you could bring in any law, what would it be?
    Something that would make politicians accountable for their actions. Oh and a different form of governmental structure - 5 year governments is no way to run a country long term.

19. would you trust a person who likes potato salad?
    Of course - I love potato salad. I don't trust anyone who doesn't like potatoes especially if they are Irish.

5 people living/dead/real/fictional you'd like to have dinner with?
    Eric from True Blood - he is one fine looking man.
    Oscar Wilde
    For fictional - it would be nice to have dinner with God
    Lance Armstrong
    Albert Einstein

1 person living/dead/real/fictional you'd like to get wasted with?
    Robin Williams - the man is a looper. He has some incredible stories of his drinking days.

What's the Prison Forum and why can't I view it?
    The prison forum is the only forum where people who have been site banned can post. Didn't know we couldn't view it anymore. When boardsies were able to post in it - there was some classic threads in there. Very funny place to go.
    lil'bug wrote: »
    HI! :)

whats your middle name?
    Marie

do you like ice cream?
    Yep, love ice-cream.

if this was Narnia would you like to meet Aslan?
    I suppose you'd have to really. Another interesting character to meet.

whats your favorite smell?
    Plum pudding boiling at Xmas. Greatest smell in the world.:D:D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Are you going to go and see the new Harry Potter film?

What was the first film you ever saw in the cinema?

Do you have your nails painted right now? If so, what colour are they?

If you had to lose one of your five senses, which would you be least upset about?

What was the last thing you bought?

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?

Is there any music you secretly love but don't usually admit to?

Do you have any pets?

If you could visit three places in the world, and money was irrelevant - where would you go?

If you were on death row, what would you request as your last meal?

If you could choose how to die, what would you pick? (old age doesn't count!)

If you could download one skill instantly, the way they do in the Matrix, what would you go for? (e.g. a language, musical instrument, martial art, helicopter flying...)

Ever get sitting in a chair beside the jacks in a pub?
    You ever have any "unusual" experiences while hanging around the jacks in a pub or club?
    Why do sumo wrestlers wear giant nappies?
    Do ginger people have a soul?
    In the first world today, is there any need for a monarchy?
    Do you agree or disagree with the death penalty as a form of punishment?

• Advertisement

Are you going to go and see the new Harry Potter film?
    Definitely - will wait another week or so for the cinemas to quieten down though.

What was the first film you ever saw in the cinema?
    Annie, ET or Giant Cauldron one of those anyway.

Do you have your nails painted right now? If so, what colour are they?
    Nope not painted at the moment.

If you had to lose one of your five senses, which would you be least upset about?
    Smell - As long as I had good smoke detectors, I'd be fine :rolleyes:;):p

What was the last thing you bought?
    20 Malboro 100s Gold.

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
    House:o Fashion wise probably pair of boots about €160. Recently my most expensive thing is my Reader - it is my baby (comes to bed with me and everything:confused::eek:)

Is there any music you secretly love but don't usually admit to?
    I like good pop music - they are a few gems of songs here and there that are excellent. For example I love the Take That song from Stardust but probably nothing else by them.

Do you have any pets?
    A Westie called Sam, a minature terrier called Milly, a guinea pig called Eric, and three goldfish called Aragorn, Gandalf & Spartacus.

If you could visit three places in the world, and money was irrelevant - where would you go?
    Northern Lights, all those weird temples in Indo-Asia, and I want to walk the entire length of the Great Wall of China.

If you were on death row, what would you request as your last meal?
    Roast dinner with all the trimming, probably Turkey & Ham.

If you could choose how to die, what would you pick? (old age doesn't count!)
    Something painless - someone said, can't remember who 'I am not afraid of death, but I don't want to be around when it happens'. So preferably I would like to be asleep.

If you could download one skill instantly, the way they do in the Matrix, what would you go for? (e.g. a language, musical instrument, martial art, helicopter flying...)
    I would love to have a decent singing voice - not sure that counts though. If not singing then the ability to be hack computers brilliantly. I like the idea of hacking into NASA for the sake of it.

Ever get sitting in a chair beside the jacks in a pub?
    Yeah - close to men's jacks - it stunk from the air freshener things in the urinal.

You ever have any "unusual" experiences while hanging around the jacks in a pub or club?
    Probably, very likely - can't remember any though.

Why do sumo wrestlers wear giant nappies?
    Because they are very, very strange - and have mammy issues and they try to work it out whilst grappling with other men wearing giant nappies.

No - definitely not.

In the first world today, is there any need for a monarchy?
    Yeah - no real objection to a monarchy, as long as they are self supporting etc.

Do you agree or disagree with the death penalty as a form of punishment?
    That is a ridiculously hard question. I can't imagine too many people on death row thought - stop I might get the death penalty for this rather than a 30 year jail term. The death penalty is not a deterrent for murder - it is to appease the general public; these people are taken off the streets and we take crime seriously. Whether you believe in a God or not - I don't believe any of us have the right to take a life.

Ever play a game of Hungry-Hungry Hippos?
    Why were they so damn hungry?
    Should women grow beards?
    Ever make a prank phone call to the talking clock or the gardening helpline?
    Do you believe in UFO's and aliens?
    Would you gain 300 pounds in order to get on disability?

Ever play a game of Hungry-Hungry Hippos?
    No I haven't. I whack things but that's it.

Why were they so damn hungry?
    Probably the worms...

Should women grow beards?
    I am not a fan of facial hair (or hair in general) - so for me it is a no.

Ever make a prank phone call to the talking clock or the gardening helpline?
    A long time ago.

Do you believe in UFO's and aliens?
    It is more likely that a god existing. So yeah.

Would you gain 300 pounds in order to get on disability?
    Being overweight wouldn't automatically get you on a disability. But either way I wouldn't.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    No - definitely not.

If someone tells you a secret and says not to tell a soul - is it ok to tell a ginger person?

Fishie wrote: »
    If someone tells you a secret and says not to tell a soul - is it ok to tell a ginger person?

Of course it is - they may still tell the secret but they won't go to hell for it :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 51,773 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

chicken or turkey?
    do you have any pets?
    ever compete in a welly throwing competition?
    do you have any pet peeves, if yes, what are they?

If you can read this, you're too close!

chicken or turkey?
    Chicken

do you have any pets?
    Two dogs, three fish and a guinea pig (soon to be two guinea pigs)

ever compete in a welly throwing competition?
    I am not allowed to throw anything... I am lethal throwing anything, I could cause the apocalypse with a cushion :eek::rolleyes::p

do you have any pet peeves, if yes, what are they?
    Sunday drivers
    Apple products
    Jumpers tucked into trousers
    Father & sons wearing the same outfits
    Warm milk
    Disrespectful people
    Saccharine sweet american programmes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Many thanks to Queen-Mise! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement