Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get this T4 16W

Options
  • 24-07-2011 10:15pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has seen these tubes anywhere?

I bought some cheap under cupboard low profile strips a few years back (yeah, I know..) and I can't find tubes for them anywhere now.

The tube says T4-16W on the end but it actually has a T5 pin size on it. I can make a T4 fit just about but it involves extending the pins by way of crimps and is not ideal.

Anyway, this is an original tube:
    1_188.jpg

This is the nearest I've found (actually in B&Q) but it's too long for the fitting.
    2_78.jpg

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Bring the lamp to your local electricsl wholesalers they should sort you out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Cheers, I've tried one or two but with no success - it's originally a cheap 'land-light' fitting and their newer ones are different.

The more I look at this the more I think Ill just have to suck it up and replace the luminaires.

PITA really, I did a nice job of concealing all of the wiring first time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

Steve wrote: »
    Cheers, I've tried one or two but with no success - it's originally a cheap 'land-light' fitting and their newer ones are different.

The more I look at this the more I think Ill just have to suck it up and replace the luminaires.

PITA really, I did a nice job of concealing all of the wiring first time. :D

Replace it. The fittings like that have a 2000 hour life (or so seems to be the norm).

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

landlite is distributed by cesco in dublin ind est. failing that you could try any of the wholesalers that deal with o neils, they distribute eterna which is the only other 6400 k t4 that i know of.
    t4 lamps sizes are brand specific, unlike the larger t5 which are globally the same size.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks, I'll investigate Cesco & thanks for the heads up on T4's being brand specific - didn't know that :)

I didn't want to use T5's originally as most of them I saw were 3000k / 3500k / 4100k and just seemed a bit too yellow. The 6400k gives a very pure white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lamps and Lighting

Hi Steve,

The lamp you have is a spurious lamp. It is not a standard size lamp manufactured by Philips, Osram , Ge etc.

These lamps are normally supplied with economy ( cheap ) fittings imported from the far east.

I know of three suppliers all supplying similar luminaires of the same wattage but the lamps are not interchangeable.

My suggestion would be to remove the luminaire you have and replace with a good quality luminaire that uses standard T5 lamps.

if you want any more help let me know.

Paul.

Advertisement