Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennant and connection

Options
  • 24-07-2011 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

Can anyone advise me what to do in this instance.

My tennant fecked off without paying rent. He had been living without lecky for a couple of weeks (candles everywhere). Electricity was cutoff as he did not pay the bills. Need to get it reconnected. Do I have to pay to have it reconnected??? Seems unfair as the a/c was his.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Post split into it's own thread. Don't post unrelated questions into other threads. Start your own for your particular issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Riprod :)

Just to clarify: in whose name is the ESB Electric Ireland account?

Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Riprod

Hi Una, sorry Jor el,

Account in tennants monicker...(the rat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You will probably have to pay thr reconnection fee, but not the money owed by tenant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Riprod,

Unfortunately there is a charge to get the property reconnected (see here for the current rates).
    Riprod wrote:
    Account in tennants monicker...(the rat)

Things may have been worse however if the tenant ran up the debt under your own name, as you would then be liable for that too. Thankfully that's not the case.

If you like, send me the property details and your own account information by PM and I'll look after getting the power back on. Alternatively, you can ring 1850 372 372.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement

We're on to it. Called ESB and very helpful person guided us thru. However, reconnection only up til 5pm???? Thats not good service. I am fortunate to have a job and cannot afford to take time off to have my lecky restored. You need to come into the 21st Centuary. That kinda service is not the bizz norm nowadays.... ESB should ask me what time is convenient and work to my requirements, not the other way round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Riprod wrote:
    You need to come into the 21st Centuary. That kinda service is not the bizz norm nowadays

You may as well be making this complaint to Airtricity or Bord Gáis - ESB Electric Ireland are separate from ESB Networks (which is why they're getting rid of the 'ESB' bit soon) - you need to make your feelings felt to ESB Networks. The reconnecting till 5pm is their policy, not Electric Ireland's.

Priori wrote: »
    You may as well be making this complaint to Airtricity or Bord Gáis - ESB Electric Ireland are separate from ESB Networks (which is why they're getting rid of the 'ESB' bit soon) - you need to make your feelings felt to ESB Networks.

I suppose that you are correct on that, but like most peeps I want lecky to come out of the plug hole. I pay ESB for the service, I don't pay ESB Networks. When ESB Lecky Ireland cut off the power, I go to them and I expect them to reconnect when I pay. I do understand why the lecky market was broken up and appreciate the competition. Whoever is sticking to ye olde worke practice is inconveniencing the consumer and it needs to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Riprod,
    Riprod wrote:
    I pay ESB for the service, I don't pay ESB Networks.

Correct, the payment is made to ESB Electric Ireland for reconnection. The cost of the job however relates to sending out an ESB Networks technician to reconnect the property. Also, on your bill you'll see a section entitled 'Standing charges and other items' (see here); the standing charge is made up of ESB Electric Ireland costs which relate to billing and collection, and ESB Network costs which are associated with meter reading and the cost of operating and maintaining the electricity network. So effectively you pay both companies for the service. I merely point this out to clear up any confusion, as it's not always easy to tell 'who's who' from the customer's point of view (which is why I included an FAQ on the issue here).
    Riprod wrote:
    Whoever is sticking to ye olde worke practice is inconveniencing the consumer and it needs to change.

We appreciate the point you make, and will forward this feedback to ESB Networks for you.

Thanks for your patience, and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

David.

Advertisement