Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Fantasy Football League

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Can those I sent the code to pm me with their team name

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Paid the cash, got the code, but can't join the league yet. Site is down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Once you have a team in FF it will still register your score when you get to join the league, I have left it open to entries for a week or two just in case this sort of thing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

whats the story with money for this axwell?

Congrats to Mr Moon who wins the pot this year - no money just an actual pot :D

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Congrats to Mr Moon who wins the pot this year - no money just an actual pot :D

You said that the pot would be split ? That's the reason I paid in ! You can't just change it.

Look at your 1st post.

You said that the pot would be split ? That's the reason I paid in ! You can't just change it.

Look at your 1st post.

Indeed, look at the first post.
    Its €10 a head to enter and depending on the numbers interested I will see what way the pot will be split.

Based on the numbers it looks like the split was 100% for the winner, nothing for the rest.

And besides, Moon won it by a f*cking country mile. Nobody else was within a hundred points. He deserves to take the full thing.

Rooney10 wrote: »

Look at your 1st post.

Indeed, look at the first post.
    Its €10 a head to enter and depending on the numbers interested I will see what way the pot will be split.

Based on the numbers it looks like the split was 100% for the winner, nothing for the rest.

And besides, Moon won it by a f*cking country mile. Nobody else was within a hundred points. He deserves to take the full thing.

How is a split 100 per cent to one person ? That's not what a split pot is , do you not grasp that .... It was said depending on the numbers il see what way the pot will be split meaning that the pot will be split either way depending on the numbers !

If its Not going to be split like said il be having my tenner back , as this is not what I payed into.

Yes I said depending on numbers I will see what way the pot will be split. There wasn't a huge amount of numbers so it didn't get split.

Last year we had 8 players and the winner took it all. We have 10 this year and the winner still takes it all. so its exactly the same as last year. If we had 12-15 then it would be worth looking at splitting it and the breakdown would have been posted.

You cant post after the last day demanding your tenner back because you didn't win and using this as your argument. If you were unsure of anything then the time to ask was early on at the start not after its over.

How is a split 100 per cent to one person ? That's not what a split pot is

Let me stop you right there. Split pot is a poker term. This is not poker.

"A pot that is shared by two or more players because they have equivalent hands"

Much like split doesn't literally mean split, hands doesn't literally mean your f*cking hands.

Split is a way of saying "how will we divide the money". I, and everyone else who entered this competition seems to have grapsed that concept.

eg:
    "How will we split it?"
    "Winner takes all"
    "Grand"
    If its Not going to be split like said il be having my tenner back , as this is not what I payed into.

It is exactly what you paid into. The winner took all the first year. And the second year. And guess what? This year too. If you are claiming ignorance or naviety, you've only got yourself to blame.

I wonder if you would be complaining if you had won? Would you f*ck!

You should have brought this up at the start of the competition, not at the end when you didn't win.

• Advertisement

Yes I said depending on numbers I will see what way the pot will be split. There wasn't a huge amount of numbers so it didn't get split.

Last year we had 8 players and the winner took it all. We have 10 this year and the winner still takes it all. so its exactly the same as last year. If we had 12-15 then it would be worth looking at splitting it and the breakdown would have been posted.

You cant post after the last day demanding your tenner back because you didn't win and using this as your argument. If you were unsure of anything then the time to ask was early on at the start not after its over.

in all fairness you could of made an effort to clarify that before the season ended...

the fact is you said depending on the numbers il see what way the pot will be split indicating that the money will defiantly be split. if not like you are now saying, you should of clarified it earlier not me having to ask!. I am not a mind reader axwell, i can only go by whats said.

its nothing to do with not winning either, i knew i wasnt going to win ages ago such was the lead and fair play to the winner. its the fact that you said the pot would be split in one way or another only to come out when the season is over to say its winner take all :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I'm happy for the winner to take all.

my 2c

YB

Like I said before if it was a huge concern or something you were unsure of at the start then you should have asked back then seen as you aren't a mind reader. If it was going to be split a division would have been posted, the numbers didn't merit it being split same as previous years so it wasn't. Not much else to it and dont really have the time to sit here and debate with you over a tenner. Moon won fair and square, winner takes all as before, case closed..

Like I said before if it was a huge concern or something you were unsure of at the start then you should have asked back then seen as you aren't a mind reader. If it was going to be split a division would have been posted, the numbers didn't merit it being split same as previous years so it wasn't. Not much else to it and dont really have the time to sit here and debate with you over a tenner. Moon won fair and square, winner takes all as before, case closed..

Its not a debate what was said was said, No huge concern as I genuinely taught the pot would be split like said by yourself.

If your going to organise something like this it should be done properly, you basically just shafted me of a tenner with bullsh*t, the actual fact is you said you'll decide what way the pot will be split via numbers , you never ever at any stage said its winner take all.

Am I right ?

I'm glad its no huge concern I just wonder why you are still moaning about it though if that's the case and claiming you got shafted out of a tenner - but I dont really want to know either to be honest because you are becoming quite petty at this stage. The facts are you ranting and moaning about it wont make a difference - I never at any stage said the split was going to x/y because we didnt have the numbers, this is something you should have asked about early on and not at the end, its winner takes all, same as before and the year before that, that wasnt you...case closed..again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

WOOP, champion :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In fairness lads, the exact split of the prize money should have been posted the minute the total number of entries was confirmed, so that everyone knew what they were playing for.

The organizers of the league should have posted it and the members should have brought it up way before now, certainly not AFTER the league was finished.

I'm glad its no huge concern I just wonder why you are still moaning about it though if that's the case and claiming you got shafted out of a tenner - but I dont really want to know either to be honest because you are becoming quite petty at this stage. The facts are you ranting and moaning about it wont make a difference - I never at any stage said the split was going to x/y because we didnt have the numbers, this is something you should have asked about early on and not at the end, its winner takes all, same as before and the year before that, that wasnt you...case closed..again...

The facts are you poorly informed everyone and although you never said who's getting what , you still said the pot was going to be split in some shape or form depending on numbers ! You never at all at any stage said its winner take all !

Not all of us were here last year aswell either would you ever come to terms with that ! And stop making excuses for pulling what turned out to be a fast one wheter you meant it or not.

case closed? you swear you were in the right here. Next year not that il be in your league but anyway try inform everyone of your taughts before they hand you their money as like I said were not mind readers.

Thank you futureguy, agree 100 per cent, what's happening now isn't fair at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The facts are you poorly informed everyone and although you never said who's getting what , you still said the pot was going to be split in some shape or form depending on numbers ! You never at all at any stage said its winner take all !

Not all of us were here last year aswell either would you ever come to terms with that ! And stop making excuses for pulling what turned out to be a fast one wheter you meant it or not.

case closed? you swear you were in the right here. Next year not that il be in your league but anyway try inform everyone of your taughts before they hand you their money as like I said were not mind readers.

Thank you futureguy, agree 100 per cent, what's happening now isn't fair at all.

I never said it wasn't fair. You should have asked way before now if it wasn't clear. When I enter a league, I get confirmation of prize structure the minute we start or I don't enter at all. It's the reason I don't play in this exact league anymore. Either ask the next time the league runs or join a league where the prize breakdown is written in stone.

However, being a newcomer to the league, I fully understand your grievance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I was under the impression it was a winner takes all thing from the start. Axwell said that if we had enough it might be shared out differently. We only had 8 so I was like fair enough its a winner takes all thing.

If you were that concerned why didnt you just ask in here at the start of the season?

Anyways congrats Moon! Im looking forward to next season already :pac:

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I never said it wasn't fair. You should have asked way before now if it wasn't clear. When I enter a league, I get confirmation of prize structure the minute we start or I don't enter at all. It's the reason I don't play in this exact league anymore. Either ask the next time the league runs or join a league where the prize breakdown is written in stone.

However, being a newcomer to the league, I fully understand your grievance.

ye that was more my opinion of whats happening not being fair, didnt mean it to come across like i was putting words in your mouth.

I know now i should of asked but for me there was no reason to ask as i taught it was clear the money was being split one way or another as said by axwell.

i know its only a tenner and tbh im not really bothered about it but i do feel cheated as i finished 2nd with the taughts of a handy 20 quid or at least my money back as a consolation.

at the end of day axwell said it was going to be split thats the fact thats most important here, no good saying it worked such and such a way the last few years, what was said was said.

No good asking at the end about it either tbh. In gambling as Richie pointed out in Poker for example its what way the pot will be divide, winner takes all is as much an option as any of the others. You are taking it that winner takes all isnt an option in this. At the end of the day you shouldnt have waited till the end to bring this up, you didnt know where you were going to finish at the end - not being a mind reader and all that. Had you been 5th or 6th you wouldnt be posting any of this. You seem to think you had no obligation to clarify this at any point for yourself. Also no one is pulling a fast one so keep your accusations to yourself thanks. There is a winner who is receiving the money, no one else that has posted was under the impression there was a split and I dont benefit from it so there is no pulling a fast one on you or anyone else.

You have posted your issues with the wording and I have posted mine with you waiting till now to bring any of it up. As i said had you finished elsewhere we wouldnt be reading any of this. Seen as you are giving advice I suggest from now on if you have concern over something you stop and ask someone early on rather than waiting till its too late and assuming that you dont need to ask, you are assuming they are mind readers even if you arent one.

My reason for saying case closed is that nothing is going to change regardless of either of our opinions. At the end of the day Mr Moon wins the pot and will be getting all of the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Just give him his tenner back.He thought one thing.It was another.Jeez you would swear ye were five year olds.

No good asking at the end about it either tbh. In gambling as Richie pointed out in Poker for example its what way the pot will be divide, winner takes all is as much an option as any of the others. You are taking it that winner takes all isnt an option in this. At the end of the day you shouldnt have waited till the end to bring this up, you didnt know where you were going to finish at the end - not being a mind reader and all that. Had you been 5th or 6th you wouldnt be posting any of this. You seem to think you had no obligation to clarify this at any point for yourself. Also no one is pulling a fast one so keep your accusations to yourself thanks. There is a winner who is receiving the money, no one else that has posted was under the impression there was a split and I dont benefit from it so there is no pulling a fast one on you or anyone else.

You have posted your issues with the wording and I have posted mine with you waiting till now to bring any of it up. As i said had you finished elsewhere we wouldnt be reading any of this. Seen as you are giving advice I suggest from now on if you have concern over something you stop and ask someone early on rather than waiting till its too late and assuming that you dont need to ask, you are assuming they are mind readers even if you arent one.

My reason for saying case closed is that nothing is going to change regardless of either of our opinions. At the end of the day Mr Moon wins the pot and will be getting all of the money.

look its nothing to do with the wording of anything, you are in the wrong about how you described the set- up as its clear as daylight you said the pot was going to split one way or another. Also its nothing to do with waiting till the season ends and acting the bollox because i didnt win, like i said i knew i was going to win for months but i was playing for 2nd place because it was said the pot was going to split.

no good trying to say i should of asked sooner either if i was unsure because i understood what was in front of me simple as, there was no need for me to ask.
    depending on the numbers il see what way the pot will be split

to suggest your comment should of being interpreted as winner takes all is absolutely mind boggling :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

As an outsider who couldn't care less what the end result is, the phrasing in the OP definitely says the pot will be split, and it was just a matter of how it would be split.

Saying that, it could have been split between 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, etc... so it should have been clarified either way long before the league began (or at least no later than GW 1). So you could just as well have 3rd and 4th place also complaining. Why stop at 2nd?

So while mufcboy is right to complain, you can't really do anything about it now. All you can do is learn from the mistake and fix it for next season.

carlcon wrote: »
    As an outsider who couldn't care less what the end result is, the phrasing in the OP definitely says the pot will be split, and it was just a matter of how it would be split.

Saying that, it could have been split between 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, etc... so it should have been clarified either way long before the league began (or at least no later than GW 1). So you could just as well have 3rd and 4th place also complaining. Why stop at 2nd?

So while mufcboy is right to complain, you can't really do anything about it now. All you can do is learn from the mistake and fix it for next season.

cheers man.

most of the fifa heads here are siding with axwell, i expected it. I know im not going to get my money now as axwell is ignoring the situation but as it was clearly said the pot was going to be split , i imagine i could take things further but being the nice guy i am, il leave it of axwell even though i was robbed.

I'm not ignoring anything. I already have posted numerous times that Moon won the pot and that wouldn't be changing so I don't see the point in continuously repeating myself on here just to go round in circles with you.
    You werent going to get 'your money' at any point unless you won, which you didn't. You werent robbed either so please keep the childish accusations to yourself as was pointed out to you before. At this stage the money is already transferred to Mr Moon so thats it, end of story. Next year make a point of asking if you aren't sure and I will make a point of wording the rules in such a way there can be absolutely no doubt what happens with the winnings. The season is over, the money given to the winner..case and thread closed..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement