Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1999 BMW 318i 1.9L Petrol Automatic- Advice...

Options
  • 24-07-2011 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Going to look at the above tomorrow, second hand.

I dunno whether I'm crazy for even considering but the guy is looking for 1350 for it.
    100k miles on the clock, no NCT. But claims to be immaculate.

I'm having a friend come over who has been a mechanic for 30+ years,
    I'm gonna get him to desect the thing.

But am I wasting my time? Should I even bother?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Suspension is the big headache IMO. E46 suspensions are fragile for irish roads. Also rusty brake pipes.

I'm told that engine is a good un but it is slow for the car. Later 1.9 engines gave problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Suspension is the big headache IMO. E46 suspensions are fragile for irish roads. Also rusty brake pipes.

I'm told that engine is a good un but it is slow for the car. Later 1.9 engines gave problems.

Thanks for the reply, what do you think of the number of miles given the age of the car?

I now f*ck all about cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Thanks for the reply, what do you think of the number of miles given the age of the car?

100k miles shouldn't be a problem in itself. I doubt your mechanic will have a problem with 100k miles on a 12 year old car if the condition of the car is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

100k miles shouldn't be a problem in itself. I doubt your mechanic will have a problem with 100k miles on a 12 year old car if the condition of the car is good.

Cheers mate. Also, should I be concerned it's an Automatic?

Again, I know f*ck all about cars. Hence the reason for such a retarded question.

Advertisement