Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Advice

• 25-07-2011 12:18am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone could help me decide on whether I should cut my hair.

I was thinking of getting this style:
    DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=38958&ImageSize=Small

My hair is pretty thick and kind of wavy/unruly so I don't know if it would be quite difficult to maintain. And I would imagine that I would have to get it cut quite regularly yea?

This is how my hair is atm:
    225267_10150170842713779_528603778_6972577_1845526_n.jpg
    (me being the female :P)

Is there any chance of that style suiting me? And how hard would it be to keep it looking good. I want something easy that doesn't take a load of effort every day.

Or any other styles that people would recommend? I want something different!
    I usually start with a fringe and shoulder length hair when I get my hair cut and then let it grow into a side fringe and then grow out before cutting it again. I'm just getting bored of it though!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You have the shape face a bob would be lovely on...but you have to be prepared that a bob can be hard work to maintain if you don't have the right styling tools.

I'd get a Babyliss Big Hair rotating brush before getting a bob, my sister got one cut in last year and finds it a doddle with that to maintain!

I say go for it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

be careful, I have thick curly hair and my hairdresser has wisely talked me out of many hairstyles.

You have to bear in mind that without the length/weight, your hair will "bounce up", which can mean more frizz.

It all depends on your type of hair but the hairstyle will require a decent blowdry/straightening everyday to reduce the "bounce up". If you're up for it, do it, but bear in mind the maintenance

bscm wrote: »
    be careful, I have thick curly hair and my hairdresser has wisely talked me out of many hairstyles.

You have to bear in mind that without the length/weight, your hair will "bounce up", which can mean more frizz.

It all depends on your type of hair but the hairstyle will require a decent blowdry/straightening everyday to reduce the "bounce up". If you're up for it, do it, but bear in mind the maintenance

Yea thats what my concern is. The maintenance!
    That's pretty much what I was asking about tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

as I said, if you want it go for it. I really wanted to get a full fringe a year or two ago and the hairdresser warned me that I would have to straighten my hair after each wash. It was grand for a while but then whenever I wanted to let my hair dry naturally, I would have to pin the fringe back.

I did love the fringe but the maintenance and the weird side-pin-thing I had to put up with made me grow it out. Having said that I keep debating getting it put in again :D decided after LC results and the debs, I may want to do something drastic to my hair after 2 years of growing everything out

• Advertisement

bscm wrote: »
    as I said, if you want it go for it. I really wanted to get a full fringe a year or two ago and the hairdresser warned me that I would have to straighten my hair after each wash. It was grand for a while but then whenever I wanted to let my hair dry naturally, I would have to pin the fringe back.

I did love the fringe but the maintenance and the weird side-pin-thing I had to put up with made me grow it out. Having said that I keep debating getting it put in again :D decided after LC results and the debs, I may want to do something drastic to my hair after 2 years of growing everything out

I've been lucky! Had a full fringe for ages and it always falls naturally!

I'm going to think about it anyway and work out how much effort it would take!

IU love the style, I just wish my hair wasn't so awkward!

Advertisement