Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandemic 2 - Who knew infecting the planet with a disease could be so much fun!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Those pricks in Madagascar always lock me out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I can't get it into the US... damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

The trick is to remove all symptoms at first and not add any methods of transmission.

Use your points to build up it's resistance, in particular the drug resistance so vaccine discovery is hindered.

Don't unlock any higher tiers of symptom at the start! You can end up with a very obvious symptom which increases visibility and not have enough points to remove it.

Takes longer this way but it's the only way I've been able to get 100% of the regions infected, including the paranoid Madagascar!

Once you have 100% of regions infected, then you can go nuts with the symptoms and transmission methods.

Sugar Free wrote: »
    The trick is to remove all symptoms at first and not add any methods of transmission.

Use your points to build up it's resistance, in particular the drug resistance so vaccine discovery is hindered.

Don't unlock any higher tiers of symptom at the start! You can end up with a very obvious symptom which increases visibility and not have enough points to remove it.

Takes longer this way but it's the only way I've been able to get 100% of the regions infected, including the paranoid Madagascar!

Once you have 100% of regions infected, then you can go nuts with the symptoms and transmission methods.

I am going your way with this - a strange game trying to wipe out life on the planet :confused::confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Ah christ, forgot about this game now im hooked again

• Advertisement

I wiped out life on the planet.... yeh (:o). There was one ship going around in a circle in the Atlantic for 200 days because all the ports were closed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bloody addictive and very hard game!!!

IMO, tho... the governments and such shouldn't start to react so quickly unless the disease's visibility is higher... or something. It's impossible to infect certain places once their ports are closed, simple as. And I've never seen them re-open ever.

Great little game all the same... Starting to call myself The King Of Plagues now...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

JAPAN!!! $%%^&^%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    JAPAN!!! $%%^&^%

Id say if you use water transmission method you would have no problem sorting out Japan;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Leeg17 wrote: »

Lucky F**Ker...:P

pandemic%20fuuuu.jpg

Madagascar-ShutDownEverything.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I couldn't get into Peru :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

those sneaky madagasgaran's!
    very hard to infect!

phill106 wrote: »
    those sneaky madagasgaran's!
    very hard to infect!

Pretty much unless your disease starts out there, it won't spread there. PLus, very hard for it to spread from there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

BE WARNED!!!! I played this for a little while last night. And today, im sick as a dog! So far the only activated symptom seems to be vomiting... I only hope Europe doesnt shut down its hospitals.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Madagascar was the first country I infected! The rest of Africa survived though..

Huge amount of luck needed in this game, especially at the start. But it's good fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i had madagascar shut down their port before i infected anyone there, but somehow they still got infected and in the end i finished the game with everyone dead.

not sure how, but it seems it is transmissable to madagascar without their port open. maybe i was just lucky, or maybe it was just a time thing as africa was one of my first hits and its right next door, so maybe it got smuggled in somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

one addictive game!! played it last night and when I woke this morning everyone was dead!

Gotta love killing the world in your sleep :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Played through it twice and enjoyed it a lot, but I don't know if I really feel compelled to play it again.

So long as you stay as symptomless as possible and just throw all your points into transmission and drug resistance, you can get all up in everybody's bidness. Then you just start lashing around the pulmonary edema, and Bob's your burning uncle carcass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

donewq.jpg

Eventually did it... bacterial infection with no symptoms, resistance levels set at level IV except heat (it was durable). Waited until it was in all countries and then set it airborne, then when whole population was infected I went straight for the kill with blindness, Encephalitis and then kidney failure. They didn't last long!

Still managed to land a low score though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Well that's sorted, I'm moving to Madagascar at the first sign of a new pandemic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great little game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

If you liked pandemic you'll love this......

http://fantasticcontraption.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Once a country closes it's ports/airport is there any way to get them to re-open??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Finshed it (after f*ck knows how many attempts, the music will haunt me!)!

Score: 69732

Am now feeling very smug :D

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Once a country closes it's ports/airport is there any way to get them to re-open??

Don't think so...

I couldn't handle the music... Had the music on silent the whole time

Advertisement