Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aether Mod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Linkus

Apparently Notch is in talks with the Aether folks to buy it from them.
    To be honest, he could just give them £100 and throw it in, they wouldn't care.
    Might actually make a minecraft update worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

@13:00 The Acropolis Xenon and bobage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Crow92 wrote: »
    @13:00 The Acropolis Xenon and bobage :P

I took great interest in that part myself:D

I would love to see what the aether is like. Might install it later.

And Kersmash, keep churning out those let's play videos please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Got problems with lag and recording atm, but I'm working on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Supposedly the mod writers wrote in code to block specific players from using the mod. The Aether mod creators have had a falling out with the Yogscast guys and threatened to ban them from using the mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Supposedly the mod writers wrote in code to block specific players from using the mod. The Aether mod creators have had a falling out with the Yogscast guys and threatened to ban them from using the mod.

Interesting. I wonder if it was over trying to get the mod into the yogbox mod pack.
    Where did you hear about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Teg Veece wrote: »
    Interesting. I wonder if it was over trying to get the mod into the yogbox mod pack.
    Where did you hear about this?

There was a thread on reddit that directed to another forum where on of the Yogscast lads posted an email sent by the Aether mod creators.

Apparently the Yogscast guys were criticizing the use of adf.ly links by the Aether guys and the Aether guys took this as criticism of them making money when it was more a criticism of adf.ly.

EDIT: Managed to find the forum link in my browser history. link

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

There's a problem with spawn rates where one mob will fill up all the slots and you will get very few of any other kind, not sure if that's fixed yet...Anyways its a great mod! If a little easy to get resources and the like. One thing I hate is there is no incentive to use anything other than pickaxes as they work with just about EVERYTHING efficiently.
    Will be a must have once those issues are sorted :)

Advertisement