Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW rules regarding photo ID in Dundalk GPO.

Options
  • 25-07-2011 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a question regarding same.. As and from last Dundalk GPO have started asking people collecting SW to provide photo ID or no payment will be made. I have no photoID. The last time I had no photo ID and I wanted to set up a bank account, F.A.S sent me to the local garda barracks to get a form known as an LM10 form-I also had to supply 2 passport photos to the gardi,they issued me with this LM10 form to confirm I was who I said was. That was in 2005.
    I went today to the same gardi station to ask for the same form. The guard at desk told me I needed a guard to confirm who I was.. Most of the guards in Dundalk are new and don't know me so I told that I would hang around to see if I could spot a guard I knew and he said right.. As luck would have it-about 10 minutes I spotted a special branch man who knows me from my younger days..
    I explained my problem to him and he agreed to confirm who I was so next thing is-the other guard at the desk said the rules concerning LM10 forms had changed and I would have to go see my brief(lawyer) to get the same form.. Does anyone know the currant news regarding the issue of these LM10 forms.. I have applied for an irish age today but that will take at least 2 weeks to arrive.. Any help in this matter would be most welcome..

Advertisement