Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambulance needed!

Options
  • 25-07-2011 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone might know where I could find an old or secondhand ambulance?

Cheers for any help! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Posted with my approval.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Whats the intended use / budget?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

miju wrote: »
    Whats the intended use / budget?

Full details are in this thread. Ambulance(s) will be donated at the end of an event to communities in Mongolia so I don't mind allowing the request here on that basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Shield wrote: »
    Full details are in this thread. Ambulance(s) will be donated at the end of an event to communities in Mongolia so I don't mind allowing the request here on that basis.

cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

There are a lot of old Ambulances parked up off the Kinsale Rd Roundabout in Cork by Smyths Toys. The HSE have a few buildings there where they store medical equipment for ambulances. There are ambulances from the 60s upto the 90s there and they've all been parked there for years. Might be worth looking into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Cillian13 wrote: »
    There are a lot of old Ambulances parked up off the Kinsale Rd Roundabout in Cork by Smyths Toys. The HSE have a few buildings there where they store medical equipment for ambulances. There are ambulances from the 60s upto the 90s there and they've all been parked there for years. Might be worth looking into.

That is the ambulance service base and HQ......

All the ambulances there are being used on and off. The few old ones are being kept for museum purposes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Hi OP,

Give this crowd a buzz they might be able to help you
    http://www.primocoachworks.com/

Just wondering if you thought about if you would be better off buying a vehicle in Mongola or in a neighbouring country?
    Reason I say this is because I vaguely remembering reading before about the pros and cons of bringing foreign vehicles to other far away countries to donate. If they break down it can cost more to get parts etc, whereas if you buy the vehicles in the same country or neighbouring country it is easier for the people you are giving the ambulance to to fix it and get cheaper replacement parts.

Regardless, best of luck with your project, it is good of you to spend your time and energy on people who need help.

- BFG

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Thats right there was a thread here before.
    Turned out there were no ford dealers in mongolia to supply parts if a transit was used or something like that.

Advertisement