Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could somebody help me backup iphone 3GS sms/contact to new iphone 4?

Options
  • 25-07-2011 5:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
    Any help or advice would be greatly received.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Ivymin wrote: »
    I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
    Any help or advice would be greatly received.
    Thanks in advance.

If you sync your iPhone 3GS with a pc, just sync your new iPhone with the same pc. It will give you an option to move everything over. Simple. Your new iPhone will be a mirror image of the 3GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pearlmi

I'm sure I you right click your phone icon in iTunes it brings up a couple of options. One of those should be backup. That's what I did when I got a replacement and it backed up everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wondergg

Right click on the device in iTunes > Backup
    if you still can't solve your problem,you may read this artical iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews, which included transferring iPhone SMS/contacts and other contents to computer/iTunes.A friend of mine chose this way and also work beatifully.
    Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markhoward

wondergg wrote: »
    Right click on the device in iTunes > Backup
    if you still can't solve your problem,you may read this artical iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews, which included transferring iPhone SMS/contacts and other contents to computer/iTunes.A friend of mine chose this way and also work beatifully.
    Good luck!!
    Just backup 3GS with iTunes. Make sure the same number sim card is in your iphone4, iTunes will recognize it's a continuation and copy everything back onto your iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭dodzy

markhoward wrote: »
    Just backup 3GS with iTunes and restore as previous posts suggest Make sure the same number sim card is in your iphone4, iTunes will recognize it's a continuation and copy everything back onto your iPhone 4
    fixed your post as you were complicating the issue;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 winan

Just backup 3GS with iTunes. Make sure the same number sim card is in your iphone4, iTunes will recognize it's a continuation and copy everything back onto your iPhone 4.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

winan wrote: »

Why copy and paste post #5......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michaeldisuza

Well Ivymin, you are trying to get back the crucial content of your iphone. In such case when important text messages (SMS) and contacts are lost or missing then it becomes very hard to find out what to do. You can easily create a backup for them because iPhone backup SMS tool is available. The best part is that it is also available in Demo version. So not to worry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well Ivymin, you are trying to get back the crucial content of your iphone. In such case when important text messages (SMS) and contacts are lost or missing then it becomes very hard to find out what to do. You can easily create a backup for them because iPhone backup SMS tool is available. The best part is that it is also available in Demo version. So not to worry.

You know that was 7 months ago?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Spam

• Advertisement
Advertisement