Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just bought this for €2000

Options
  • 25-07-2011 9:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi, I just recently moved.from Tenerife to Ireland. My desktop is still there, it will be a couple of months before I arrange for delivery of all of the heavy items. Saw this on adverts.ie and couldnt resist the temptation.

Now I just have to wait until Saturday to receive it. Arma 2 for a few months and then Im all prepared for BF3!

http://touch.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-gaming-pc-for-sale/726982

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

Good luck with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Looks like a scam to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Looks like a scam to me.

I dunno, that seller has sold a lot of high end electronics and there doesnt seem to be many complaints?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Looks like a scam to me.

I dunno, that seller has sold a lot of high end electronics and there doesnt seem to be many complaints?

Thats what I was about to write myself. He is.delivering it to my house himself. I will have plenty of time to look it over. He has all the receipts too.

You have got me all paranoid now!

What do you think of the pc at that price? Assuming it is what is described.

*added*

Just read through the comments the seller and buyers have been making to each other, everything seems well above board. Im fairly confident and looking forward to getting stuck into it.

My last pc was i5 750, 1gb 4870, 4gb ddr3, 3 tb, acer 23" LED, logitech thx Z5500 and cheapo keyboard and mouse. I still have this pc, but once i get it shipped from Tenerife I will use it as a HTPC. Its got almost 3tb of blurays and tv series using XBMC. Maybe a bit overpowered seeing as I wont be using it for gaming anymore, but hey ho.

Cant wait to see the monitor, ive often gazed in envy at the 27" mac screens when Ive been wandering around pc stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I use a couple of U2410s with my PC. You won't be disappointed with that monitor. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

djrichard wrote: »

Cant wait to see the monitor, ive often gazed in envy at the 27" mac screens when Ive been wandering around pc stores.

I have the dell 27inc. Awesome picture and resolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

hes a mod on boards if I'm not mistaken, seems perfectly legitimate to me. actually come to think of it, he might have a thread somewhere here for advice on building that very PC. sorry I can't be of more help, I'm on my mobile. FWIW, its a good pc but I'm not sure you're saving that much money.. will someone throw up that build from HWVS if ye get a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Seller saying he's prepared to make a €600 loss on a machine he had for a month? Fine for some...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Fair enough, I retract my statement then. Just thought the lack of real photos was a bit odd was all! Buyer beware and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Okay, thanks for letting us know.

ah i knew i remembered seeing him lurking. and i was making suggestions and all.

happy days, and you got good value for money it seems. enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

What I don't understand is going from an iMac -> GTX580 -> iMac.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Glad to see its a boards mod thats selling it and to read the pre-build thread about it.

I really cant wait. I think its a good price. Although ive built my own pcs in the past, this is a bit cheaper than buying the parts brand new myself and will be built and is ready to go.

Finally i can take advantage of the 100mb UPC I had installed a couple of weeks ago. Using only my HTC Desire HD to browse wasnt really utilising its potential!

Some people genuinely hate Windows... Although I'm sure a hakintosh isn't impossible even on tech this new.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Guys just seen this thread. I did have a little laugh when I saw it. No the machine is all real in fact when I get home I might just stick a pic up. I have all receipts and will be delivering. As you can see from my rep on adverts it is 100% on everything I sell. Cheers Hyzepher for the vouch.

What I don't understand is going from an iMac -> GTX580 -> iMac.

I am a sucker for Apple Products. Just built the machine as a project as I was bored :D

What do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jaysis. She's a beast. Congrats

• Advertisement

Well as promised here is the pictures of the machine itself and the matching screen.

What do you do?

I sell robotics for a living.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Well as promised here is the pictures of the machine itself and the matching screen.

OMG its my computer, sorry, soon to be mine! Does it come with those speakers?

No I am afraid. They are Focal speakers at are 500 a pop. Take a look

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TV282ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0MA&mco=MTE0OTQxMjM

Though if you want the most amazing sound they are very hard to beat.

TCP/IP wrote: »

No I am afraid. They are Focal speakers at are 500 a pop. Take a look

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TV282ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0MA&mco=MTE0OTQxMjM

Though if you want the most amazing sound they are very hard to beat.

Ahaa €500! I am using my mobile to browse, so didnt zoom in much on the photo, didnt realise they were expensive.

I'll need to get myself some headset to get through the next couple of weeks until I get paid again. Then I will buy a good gaming set. I have logitech z5500 5.1 in Tenerife, but it will be a while before I get all my electronic stuff sent over. I dont want to think how much my 60" plasma is going to cost to ship!

Im too excited, at least my boss is getting the money paid into my account a couple of days earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pretty fast to sell it, seems like yesterday that you bought it!

I dont want to think how much my 60" plasma is going to cost to ship!

Sell it sure and buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

reading through this thread the only thing I cant understand is why you would want to move from Tenerife to Ireland :)

NIce build alright - enjoy!

deejer wrote: »
    reading through this thread the only thing I cant understand is why you would want to move from Tenerife to Ireland :)

N

Soooo many people have asked me that since Ive moved here. They look at me in disbelief when I tell them. As Im from a tiny island in Scotland with only 750 people, I assure you its quite exciting to be here. I hear all this talk about recession and it certainly has put a downer on most people. Well the recession has hit the Canaries also, its such a small place and when all the expats get together, they just moan about how things used to be. Instead of trying to adapt, they appear stuck in the past. So for the sake of sanity and progression, I thought I would try Ireland out and see what it has to offer. Soon I will get a motorbike licence and buy a bike and explore off the beaten track.

Just step away from the computer a moment, look out the window and tell me how does that hot sun feel on your skin? Green luscious grass everywhere and if its 20c I'll have a free pint of bud ice! Hahaha

Ask me how much daylight Ive seen next week....

• Advertisement

Ive been to the bank, withdrawn the money and TCP/IP is on route. ETA about 5 minutes, it feels like Christmas! I even took a photo of the money to remind me what it looked like....

Advertisement