Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just bought this for €2000

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Yes a subject change! Id say one bit of advice I can give anyone using an SSD, is to make sure you connect it to the Intel connection and not the Marvel connection. Despite my SSD stating it uses a Marvell controller, the boot time of the PC halved from around 1 minute+ to 30 seconds when I researched why it was taking so long to boot and then changed it.

Just incase you were serious about your questions above....which I doubt. The speakers are not too bad. Theyre advertised and generally reviewed as being "like studio quality". Total garbage, they are nothing like studio quality monitors. They are however very competant and they look really nice when I had them up the right way, as in the first picture of the pc when I only had one monitor. I love the display on it, especially with the Afterburner or FRAPS plug ins. I still have a set of Logitech z-5500s, but they are in Tenerife and I will have them sent over sometime in the near future when I organise myself better. :D

Lian-Li is a fantastic manufacturer of high quality computer cases. This is a very simple all aluminium design without the usual distracting LEDs that everyone seems obsessed with these days. As much as I like to look at bright light up components as the next guy, I spend a lot of time gaming and watching movies in the dark (aside from amBX providing backlighting). I get annoyed if there is even one bright LED in view, its very annoying and distracting. I find it so annoying, that I remember years ago putting a spare video tape in front of the VCR to block out the display.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=366&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=f

Going back to a little earlier, no-one has commented on whether Im causing any issues with cooling because I only have 1 fan on my CPU cooler instead of the 2 its meant to have. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Was actually interested in the other questions too!

Lol, I thought u were linking to a picture of your VHS tape. I'd imagine as long as your temp monitors show that it's everything's peachy, then one cooler is absolutely peachy. I also have my psu upside-down but that was more of a chassis meh design than anything. Although I do love lights from a pc, just got a new rig :)

So what do u do as a day job with such a powerful rig?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Was actually interested in the other questions too!

Lol, I thought u were linking to a picture of your VHS tape. I'd imagine as long as your temp monitors show that it's everything's peachy, then one cooler is absolutely peachy. I also have my psu upside-down but that was more of a chassis meh design than anything. Although I do love lights from a pc, just got a new rig :)

So what do u do as a day job with such a powerful rig?

I work for a utilities provider pestering innocent householders into switching their supplier. Im not allowed to talk about it on Boards much though, Ive gotten into heated debates before and I made a promise not to talk about it again. :D

Do you play BF3? There is a Boards league setup for Sunday nights, you should join in and take part. Alpha squad is always short on numbers every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah ok, was wondering about the dual monitors, how do u use it,
    Would u recommend it? Ever since one of my buddies showed me his setup it's been in my head!

Cheers 4d BF3 offer but I'd be as much use as fitting wheels into a tomato. I get motion sickness v quick w/ FPS games so they're out!

Advertisement