Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use Netopia 2247NWG as wireless extender

Options
  • 25-07-2011 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Just switched from eircom to UPC 100MG fibre power broadband, & got the Thomson TWG870 router from UPC to support the 100mg.

I find the wireless range around the house much poorer than that achieved with the eircom Netopia 2247NWG, with 2 laptops no more than 5 metres away (albeit through some doors/walls) not getting the good signal previously achieved with the Netopia - nothing else has changed.

Firstly, has anyone else experienced this with the Thomson, & is there anything I should be tweaking to optimise reach ?

Secondly, is there a way to use the Netopia 2247NWG as a wireless extender, not connected by ethernet to the Thomson ie sitting remotely in the house ? (I would like to see if I can make this work before spending any money on powerline homeplugs etc.)

Links/advice welcome.

Comments

Advertisement