Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeze on cuts after Croke Park accord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

waster81 wrote: »
    Idiot, your statement is no incomprehsible its beyond belief

If private sector employees had voted on mass for the opposition they could have altered the direction of government, but hey you didnt yee voted in ff and PD

But yee were happy to line you pockets with money, without care for the consequences

As where the PS with social partnership and benchmarking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

fliball123 wrote: »
    Yeah they all go hand in hand with top level civil serants and gov who turned a blind eye and got the brown envelope not to mention the city planners, Planing permission offices who did a bang up job same goes with the financial regulator..

PS please for every perons in the private sector who fcuked us over there was a Public sector body supposed to be monitoring it..

Its like putting a diamond in the middle of O'connell street with gaurds around it..But the guards got tired , paid off or just couldnt give a ****e...It was only a matter of time before the diamond was taken

What complete garbage..

Degsy wrote: »
    Well maybe now's the time for them to get up off thier arses and start figuring out a way to start working..what are they waiting on?

Ah..i know..they're waiting on somebody to offer them a job on 50k a year sitting in front of a computer because they no longer want to get thier hands dirty,do anything like a good days work or show a bit of inititative and set something up themselves.

184 euro a week is waaay too much for doing nothing and the country cannot afford it.

Degsy I truely hope you never have to go on the dole queue..

Look there are spoungers on here and I put a post on a different thread about cutting out this waste but Moan burton is doing something about it. If people do not accept a job or a course there dole will be cut...What more do you want...I have seen family members having to sign on and not getting anything if they change address for 8 weeks or so..You have no idea how bad the system is...For every one lazy cnut on the dole there are possible 3/4 willing to work..but there is feck all jobs out there

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

As where the PS with social partnership and benchmarking

Private sector representatives were part of those negotiations

And benchmarking only occurred because private sector wages were soaring, pushing up prices within the economy

And you explain how we can justify a stupidly low corporation tax when multinationals are making a fortune here and exporting the profits?

What about the 400k odd that these thus said Multinationals are employing..They have to pay employee tax at the very least...So whats the alternitive up the tax and loss this and see how many stick around..Ireland is grossly overpriced for most things this is the only thing keeping them here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You clearly fail to understand the origins of the crisis, something I fear you never will
    No the origin is very simple; greed. Everyone felt that they had the right to live a life they dreamed on with multiple cars and vacations a year around the world while having the latest toys in the house. This in turn was built on the fact that the Irish income increased dramatically in a relatively short time span and was fanned on by cheap credits and incompetent politicans.

My point, which you clear fail to grasp, is that you can't blame a group or multiple groups (bankers, builders what ever) as the cause because at the end of the day pretty much anything can be legislated by the people the people (all people allowed to vote) vote in on a regular basis. Cheap credits? Add a new law about core capital or leverage amounts. People speculate on house prices? Add in yearly progressive tax ala income tax. Brown envelopes at horse races cause dodgy rezoning? Tighten up the bribery laws and create a dedicated task force for it etc. But only a very minor group of people asked for this (as proven by the policy run by all parties at the time; if it was big enough a party would pick it up after all).

Point being the people did not want, nor care, to actually behave responsible and wanted it all NOW! Why? Because they were special, deserved it, the person down the road had it etc. Point being, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, ties down to the greed of the people. Bankers can only lend if there are mortgates and laws to allow it (no one had a gun put to their head after all), builders can only build if they can sell the houses etc.

Which one of those private sector didnt have fault in the scenario we are facing.

I didnt mention a single group, I listed a lot more than one.

You clearly fail to understand the origins of the crisis, something I fear you never will

The banking crisis went hand in hand with our over spending..One could of existed and not had the crushing effect if the other didnt exist so everyone is implicit in this crisis not just the banks

The government placed a moratorium of recruitment...not the workers.

Why didnt you apply to join the PS before 2006 then?

Because the starting wages didnt suit anybody when there was "near full employment"..we used to get graduates asking did they get a company car with the job!!

People put their money on the wrong horse through greed and stupidity now spite demands that other people suffer...you'll get no sympathy from me anyway.

I have a good job...I like my job..and as for the wages thats why you got benchmarking......So basically your opening statements means I could of became a temp or contractor?

And becarful because if that that wrong horse that you say somehow fcuks off through emigration there will be no one left to pay your wages..and you will have no sympathy from me or the majority of the 1.4 mill in the private sector or the 500k on the dole

The banking crisis went hand in hand with our over spending..One could of existed and not had the crushing effect if the other didnt exist so everyone is implicit in this crisis not just the banks[/QUO

Utter nonsense you dont have a grasp of how economic actually works

And your grasp of english isnt much better

What complete garbage..

WEll your entitled to your Opinion

• Advertisement

Private sector representatives were part of those negotiations

And benchmarking only occurred because private sector wages were soaring, pushing up prices within the economy

So what private sector employees got benchmarking?

The banking crisis went hand in hand with our over spending..One could of existed and not had the crushing effect if the other didnt exist so everyone is implicit in this crisis not just the banks[/QUO

Attack the post not the poster ...Good boy

My point is if the banks didnt fcuk over we were still over spending..if the housing bubble burst without the banks going down we would be still in the sh1t..So do you think it prudent to be borrowing 18billion a year to keep the lights on..??? Greece tried to...see how that played out and with respect you should look at what happened there with the public sector

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Glinda

Everyone pays everyone else's wages. The widespread idea that some group in society is exempt from this is daft. Private sector wages are paid by their customers (who will be from all sectors). Even those on welfare spend their money and are therefore 'paying the wages' of the staff where they take their custom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Glinda wrote: »
    Everyone pays everyone else's wages. The widespread idea that some group in society is exempt from this is daft. Private sector wages are paid by their customers (who will be from all sectors). Even those on welfare spend their money and are therefore 'paying the wages' of the staff where they take their custom.
    Glinda you clearly make to much sense to post around here; we need more ranting and raving with some finger pointing in the middle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I have to say that as far as I'm concerned this is absolutely fantastic news and is one more well deserved kick up the arse for all the 'experts' who seem to spend their days on Boards.ie bashing the Public-Sector.

Please God the next thing will be a reversal of the paycuts.
    Originally Posted by fliball123
    .....you.and your protected ilk in the ps I will have a massive session when you get cut again.....

I take it this massive session of yours won't be going ahead in September as planned?

My point is if the banks didnt fcuk over we were still over spending..if the housing bubble burst without the banks going down we would be still in the sh1t..So do you think it prudent to be borrowing 18billion a year to keep the lights on..??? Greece tried to...see how that played out and with respect you should look at what happened there with the public sector

double post

It was the poster that posted the idiotic and badly worded posted so...

. Delete

It was the poster that posted the idiotic and badly worded posted so...
    Idiot, your statement is no incomprehsible its beyond belief
    Glass house and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Well maybe now's the time for them to get up off thier arses and start figuring out a way to start working..what are they waiting on?

Ah..i know..they're waiting on somebody to offer them a job on 50k a year sitting in front of a computer because they no longer want to get thier hands dirty,do anything like a good days work or show a bit of inititative and set something up themselves.

184 euro a week is waaay too much for doing nothing and the country cannot afford it.

Replace with the 184 number to a far higher number and you've the reason why public sector wages need to be cut.

• Advertisement

Replace with the 184 number to a far higher number and you've the reason why public sector wages need to be cut.

But they wont be!:D

Watch the dole though..and corporation tax..some people are in for a well-deserved root up the hole!

The_Thing wrote: »
    I have to say that as far as I'm concerned this is absolutely fantastic news and is one more well deserved kick up the arse for all the 'experts' who seem to spend their days on Boards.ie bashing the Public-Sector.

Please God the next thing will be a reversal of the paycuts.

I take it this massive session of yours won't be going ahead in September as planned?

This is based on nothing more or less than pure spite..usually from lazy,dole-scroungers who'll never amount to anything.

The fact that somebody refered to a "massive session" to celebrate somebody else taking a paycut is proof of the level of immaturity...its also proof that the dole pays far too much if people can afford to spend it on alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

This is based on nothing more or less than pure spite..usually from lazy,dole-scroungers who'll never amount to anything.

The fact that somebody refered to a "massive session" to celebrate somebody else taking a paycut is proof of the level of immaturity...its also proof that the dole pays far too much if people can afford to spend it on alcohol.
    I can guarantee you will have big cut within 3-5 years degsy. Enjoy. nite nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

It's high-calibre comments like this one that differentiate this serious discussion forum from after hours.

Imagine what the dole will be paying at that time! :eek:

Besides..thats 3-5 increments including LSI where applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0721/1224301063698.html

"THERE ARE to be no further pay cuts for existing public servants and no further compulsory redundancies in any Government department or agency.

Time to relax for union leaders
    Union reps enjoy five-star trip
    UNION representatives enjoyed a five-star trip at an estimated cost of €10,000 immediately after a Dail protest against drastic cuts facing special needs assistants, the Irish Independent has learnt.

Members of IMPACT's special needs assistants branch committee travelled to the luxurious Europe Hotel in Killarney for an event, funded by members, following the demonstration the week before last.

The 11 union representatives went to the upmarket golf and spa hotel to attend a one-day training seminar and stayed up to three nights. Some were accompanied by family members.

Nine members of the group availed of an optional boat trip on the lakes of Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Time to relax for union leaders
    Union reps enjoy five-star trip

What has the above got to do with no pay cuts for public-sector workers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Some of the comments posted make me despair over the fact that some sections of Irish society haven't learned anything over the last 3 years.

I have read through posts asking for a reversal of their pay cuts despite the shocking state of the governments finances, I have read comments berating those on the dole for being scroungers and layabouts, all posted by people who effectively have a job for life. I have read comments suggesting a cut in the dole (money that most people on welfare actually paid in taxes over the years) so that they can have their wages restored.

I am truly appalled by this carry on, the countries up to its neck in debt, the worst financial shape it has ever been in its history and all some sections of the population can say is "f*ck you buddy, I'm alright".

Shame on you :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

But they wont be!:D

Watch the dole though..and corporation tax..some people are in for a well-deserved root up the hole!

lol, we'll see Degsy. You're living in cloud nine if you think Corporation tax will be raised.

Advertisement