Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland to Ulster bank online transfer

Options
  • 25-07-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hello , somebody transferred money to me from a BOI account to my Ulster bank account last Friday before 2 pm. I phoned both banks and they told me that it can take 3-5 days for the transaction to go through. I'd hoped that online money transfer was same day to be honest. I'm just wondering if anybody has regular experience of how long it takes realistically for the transfer to go through. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

About 3/4 working days is the norm.

If you did it early on Friday, that counts as one, Monday will be the second, Tuesday will be the third, so I'd say you'll get it Tuesday at the earliest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Not want I wanted to hear to be honest. I'll be using Western Union or some other method from now on. It's not a great service imo. I heard that they use the money on the international markets while it's in limbo. Cheers.

Just out of interest , does anybody know if the transfers have to be approved by employees or is it completely automated?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Its automated. From an external bank the fastest I've seen it was the end of 2 working days.
    I wouldn't use western union as the fees are very high. Could the person not lodge the money in an Ulster bank branch so you would recieve it straight away?

To note I remember couple of years ago talk about bank to bank transfers being recieved on the same day. Thought it was the EU who was implementing it.

Got the money this morning , not sure if that means it was there after 12.00 pm on Monday. Still too slow in my opinion. The small fee with WU is worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement