Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB & ECB Rate increase

Options
  • 25-07-2011 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

AIB don't seem to have increased their variable rate since the ECB increase.
    normally they'd increase their own rates overnight, with a little bit extra added in. very unusual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Correct. The idea of a variable rate is that the bank sets it, not the ECB.
    Irish Times
    normally they'd increase their own rates overnight, with a little bit extra added in. very unusual.
    I'm afraid this is just wrong. AIB never change pass on rate increases immediately, it's usually within 1 to 2 weeks. As above, the variable rates are set completely independent of ECB rates, nor do they add " little bit extra".

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭reps4

hi,

what is the current aib variable rate.

thanks.

Sorry- i meant the current variable mortgage rate.

I wonder is the goverment controlling if they pass on the ecb rise or not. i dont think BOI have increased rates either?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

AIB increased a lot of their variable rate deposit products but not all.

Advertisement