Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting

Options
  • 25-07-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Myself(25) and my Boyfriend(26) are currently looking to rent a house, we are both in full-time permanent employment and can move in pretty much straight away - deposits/rent ready to go.

Neither of us have rented before and both still live at home, so what I want to know is - would the fact that we still live at home and have not rented before be a turn off for prospective landlords?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Not at your age. Some landlords are reluctant to rent to students, especially first years, but you seem like a stable couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

xLouLoux wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before.

Myself(25) and my Boyfriend(26) are currently looking to rent a house, we are both in full-time permanent employment and can move in pretty much straight away - deposits/rent ready to go.

Neither of us have rented before and both still live at home, so what I want to know is - would the fact that we still live at home and have not rented before be a turn off for prospective landlords?

your ages along with work references should be ok for most landlords.
    Everybody goes through a step where they don't have any landlord references

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

xLouLoux wrote: »
    ...the fact that we still live at home and have not rented before be a turn off for prospective landlords?

I can't think of any reason why. Good references don't have to be from another Landlord, in fact I think most would prefer them from work or similar.

Advertisement